am i doing something wrong?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Feudal

i think i wrecked my clutch or gear box by driving
when i trying to accelrate fast i getting rpm to 3-4 relesing the clutch and flooring gas
when my rpm at 6 i clutch in, releasing the gas putting 2nd pushing gas releasing the clucth (when rpms like on 4 or so) same with third. am i doing smth wrong?
becouse now sometimes when i accelerate fast and shifting gears the gearbox doesnt connecting to the engine and i smell something burned or melted down thats happens only when i accelerate fast. on the streets its totaly normal :huh:

Don't slip the clutch as much. Launch at 4k isn't too bad, should be some wheel spin though, don't let the clutch take all the slipping. Shift more around red line, not over it, just closer to it. And when you switch gears, you should make it your goal to have as smooth a transition as possible. Try to shift where you can't feel the car shifting. Don't over rev it in the middle of the shift, you're just burning clutch while losing time that the car could be putting that power to the wheels, which will slow your acceleration.

Are you dumping the clutch at 4k rpms on the street? If so, stop doing that everytime.

Are you dumping the clutch at 4k rpms on the street? If so, stop doing that everytime.

i told everything in my first post when i drive on the streets i shift on 2.5 -3 and never dumping i am not so dumb
i was asking am i doing something wrong when i racing on the track
becouse the car goes really fast when i do all what i wrote i thing its te right way to drag
but sometimes when i shift to 2 or 3 i release the clucth but my rpms still high and car doesnt push its like i still on the 1 or 2 (if its happens on 3) it began to stuck after i started to race. thats make me think i doing something wrong.^_^

here ya go

hit the rev limiter count to 10 then shift

yes this works for all the gears

for launch just hold the clutch and gas pedal to the floor when it hits the rev limiter count to 10 and dump the clutch, this will get you your best possible launch (this is the trick the magazines use to get their test results)
if you find you are getting a lot of wheel spin when launching like this, you need to warm up the tires more... for a FWD car the best way to do this is to put it in reverse, cut the wheel all the way to the right or left, stomp on the throttle using the same rev limiter 10 count that you want to use for the launch, then dump the clutch and count 10 full revolutions of the car, when finished turn the wheel the other way and repeat the process... after this your tires will be properly warmed up and you should get a sweet launch
if you are still spinning a lot on the launch you may need a wider and softer tire

ok i got it everyone just smart as me
i'l just check the clutch.

So you are going to take the transmission off to "check" the clutch? And you are going to be checking for....?

Either learn to drive by going to a professional driving school, or don't race it. It's not a hard concept.

So you are going to take the transmission off to "check" the clutch? And you are going to be checking for....?

Either learn to drive by going to a professional driving school, or don't race it. It's not a hard concept.
i going to check why there is a melting metal smell. becouse if none of you can say i was doing something wrong with my shifting it mean there was nothing wrong so there is a gear problem either clutch or box it self

thanks. and keep professional school for your self not everyone need it. some people learn by their selves.
|Chaz| People are such fucking morons.
. everyone who dont have something helpfull to say trying to be a clown and make fun of everything

Last edited:
Just because nobody says that you are doing it wrong doesn't mean that isn't the case. Phyregod already indicated to you a better approach at driving your car correctly. If you fail to heed other people's suggestions, then quit posting questions.

People don't go to professional driving schools for the sole purpose of learning to race. They go to learn how to control their car, properly executing certain key elements to driving their car correctly, and to make themselves better drivers. The fact that you wrecked your last car by being dumb and then proceed to ask questions on how to drive your current car indicate strongly that you shouldn't be trying to do half the stuff that you are without proper instruction.

:emofo:

bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

sell your car and buy an Automatic if you still fail after drivng school, hell i bet if you are lucky you could handle a manumatic

i told everything in my first post when i drive on the streets i shift on 2.5 -3 and never dumping i am not so dumb

Re-read your first post, you mentioned nothing about driving on the streets vs at the track...

I think you are dumb. I read your first post again and you still suck and punctuation and grammar. :thumbsup:

Edit: you are doing something wrong. You probably have a stock clutch which is now 14 years old - and you're slipping it too much. You're basically shaving it down to shit and fucking up your flywheel while you're at it.

If you want to continually drive like that, buy a clutch and flywheel that can handle it.

Last edited:
Re-read your first post, you mentioned nothing about driving on the streets vs at the track...

I think you are dumb. I read your first post again and you still suck and punctuation and grammar. :thumbsup:

Edit: you are doing something wrong. You probably have a stock clutch which is now 14 years old - and you're slipping it too much. You're basically shaving it down to shit and fucking up your flywheel while you're at it.

If you want to continually drive like that, buy a clutch and flywheel that can handle it.

Get em!

Back