American Skyline?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

place out in cali, Motorex, buys them from japan then brings them here, does some work to get them to comply with all of our crash and smog stuff, they sell them for about 20-30k more than what they payed for the car. It is a total fucking monopoly

I read some place that there've been a few Skylines converted to LHD - Motorex won't do it because it's expensive and time-consuming (read: they wouldn't make enough $$ on it to be worth it).

holy crap that's awesome. how the hell do they convert it to lhd?? Japan never made a lhd dashboard for that car did they??? that's weird. that's deffinietely new to me.

why the hell won't nissan just release the skyline to the US? You know if honda and nissan would give us the stuff they sell in the land of Godzilla maybee I wouldn't have to look at 5.0's all day

Honda and Nissan save all the good stuff for Japan and :tfg:

LHD skyline?....that's about as practical as putting Lamborghini doors on my Civic...

Have you ever read the article on the buildups they do on skylines in Japan?...There was one in SCC a few months back and I read one today in an old import racer.....this thing put 800 hp to the wheels, and did it with functional addons...not a dumbass wing and obnoxious bodykit....

Originally posted by nimblecivic@Jan 21 2003, 11:46 PM
LHD skyline?....that's about as practical as putting Lamborghini doors on my Civic...

Have you ever read the article on the buildups they do on skylines in Japan?...There was one in SCC a few months back and I read one today in an old import racer.....this thing put 800 hp to the wheels, and did it with functional addons...not a dumbass wing and obnoxious bodykit....

wow you're telling us a body kit and a wing won't put down 800hp....man have I been wasting my money :rolleyes:

when my cousin who has ridiculously loaded parents, was looking to get a car for his 16th birthday, called down to MotoRex, to find out about skyline pricing. He found out that there is some southern cali company that makes a Left Hand Drive conversion kit for the Skyline, it starts at around $1200. He never got a Skyline his parents felt it was too much money for a car that he is only going to have until he graduates from high school, so they got him an '03 WRX... Spoiled Fucker...

Nissan just release the Skyline state side its called the G35 it comes in both 4 door and coupe

BTW skylines were always sedan like 4 door and 2 door cars
you only see the cool looking R32-33-34s on games and online
a guy 15 or so miles from here had a 70s skyline it was like an old 510 =)

Jeff

that would be so bad ass to have one of those old ass skylines id hot rod the hell out of it that would be so sweet. But any way.. that is weird its a LHD. But not to suprising if you got 90grand to import one you got another 10 to switch the driver side. Laters

Originally posted by nimblecivic@Jan 22 2003, 05:46 AM

Sorry,I'm having trouble understanding how a LHD is impractical.If you mean the conversion ok,then say that,but I wish there were more LHD skylines,RHD is weird to me.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 22 2003, 04:05 AM-->
nimblecivic
@Jan 22 2003, 05:46 AM

Sorry,I'm having trouble understanding how a LHD is impractical.If you mean the conversion ok,then say that,but I wish there were more LHD skylines,RHD is weird to me.

RHD as cool before everyone and their moms were trying to convert over to it. If i'm going to drive an import, I would like to feel like i'm driving a real import, one from Jap land. Not the US's version of an import.

nice skyline. but, converting it to LHD is a waste of money and effort. i watched a video where the guy from motorex said it usually only takes a few hours for a person to get used to driving RHD.

Well what it is, is the NISMO 400R. They made around 99 of them in 1996 and they are quite rare. Ass far as them making it for the American market, I'm not sure. 400hp at 6800 rpm. 346 lb-ft at 4400rpm. It's a build up on the R33 GT-R V-Spec. LHD is cool and all but I think it takes away from the car if you ask me. All that cash for the car and then to make it LHD. That guy must have deep pockets.

Back