Another bike down cool pictures inside

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jun 21 2004, 09:45 PM
Look at the skid mark in front of the car he was doing way over 30

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

that skid mark must be 4 whole feet long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn y0!!!!!!!!!!!

he musta been going at least 140mph

:roll:

please... you could make a skid that long going 10mph

shit ive made longer skids on a fucking pedal bike

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jun 21 2004, 03:51 PM

Your not the only one in the world who in the world who can ride a 600cc bike jeff. It is possible you know that the kid had been riding bikes since 12 years old. It's unfair to assume he was an idiot teenager. If I remember correctly you have only been riding for 2 years yourself.

I never said I was the only person in this world who could ride.

The fact he left a nice tire mark shows that he HAD time to react and well he did the wrong thing he should have went to the right of the car no way was he going to brake fast enough in that short of distance

I believe he just left the school my guess is he pulled out and did a WOT run and the old person misjudged the speed of the bike due to him gaining speed so fast

WAM

as far as me riding for only 2 years you're somewhat right

I had a GS650 I use to ride around on when I was 17 or 18 I never taged the bike but I did my share of backroad riding =)

I grew up around bikes my brother use to race every weekend one of my best buds growing up at the track was Travis Pastrana I hung out with him every sunday.

I started out on a 50cc peewee dirtbike then moved up on a Suzuki RM60 then a XR80 I've had some fun times on a XK250 "fast as shit!" as with a shit load of 2 stoke racing 4 wheelers and also some trail 4 wheelers my fav was a Honda Foremen 4x4 If I remember right it was a 450cc torque monster!

I have no idea how many hours of riding I have under my belt both street and dirt

but to say I've been riding for 2 years is pretty true when it comes to having a DL and owning a powerful streetbike

I've been in more then I like to remember close calls and if I did not have the riding experice and a good head on my shoulder I would have done the same thing that kid did

I believe his crash was avoidable due to him skidding however in Es case... you're pretty much fucked

Im convo of the night that happens to fit this thread

Jeffie7: I love the your not the only one in the world who can ride a 600cc bike comment
E SolSi: i dont think people understand why you post all these up
Jeffie7: I have so many people IM me asking me questions about bkes
Jeffie7: and what to get
Jeffie7: I don't mind
Jeffie7: but I try to let them see the other side of riding
Jeffie7: SHIT happens and it WILL happen
E SolSi: they think its cuz you want to point out how shitty everyone else rides
E SolSi: exactly
E SolSi: i understand it
E SolSi: people dont look at the possible outcomes
Jeffie7: Im going down sooner or later and for all I know I could die or lose a limb or two
E SolSi: in the 4 years since my accident i personally know 19 people that have been in accidents
Jeffie7: willow springs had a shit load of track crashes this last weekend
Jeffie7: (quote)Not a pleasant weekend at the track. Many many crashes. I've never seen so many in a weekend. I don't know what was up. Maybe people were just pushing it too much.
There was a 4 bike pile up on the first turn of the first lap of 750 mod prod. One rider was seriously injured and had to be medi-evac'ed out. I just read on another board that he passed on. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I'm kinda numb right now. I'll post my race report later.
E SolSi: damn

looks like the lady pulled out in front of him, he tried to get right (the bike is facing the right side) braked, probably braked and pulled a stoppie because the back of the bike is upwards, but he couldnt avoid the car. I am sure this kid must have been dirt biking or riding before he got this bike...what kind of parents would buy their son a sport bike at 16 years old, without some kind of riding experience? i think jeffies point is that riding is not as easy as it seems...there is a 90% chance you are not walking away after a crash, no matter who you are.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 22 2004, 12:56 AM
Jeffie7: I love the your not the only one in the world who can ride a 600cc bike comment

Laconia - Bike Week '04

Three people died, at least two people had their legs amputated and about a dozen had to be transported by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon as trauma patients over the nine days.

This is where I live. I see it all the time. I have crashed a bike myself, and my friends have crashed bikes. It's nothing new. But what is not sweet is when about 50% of your friends all ride motorcycles, constantly thinking that they are going to die. I mean, yeah, a healthy fear is important for anyone who rides a motorcycle - but dwelling on the fact that it is dangerous is a horrible way to be. And quoting every motorcycle accident in the news isn't exactly optimistic.

Thats why the comment. It rubbed off on me that you were becoming the lecturer about why motorcycles are dangerous, but since you ride one, it makes you seem like your exempt from it because your such a pro or something. E if anyone has the place to something like that.

ive been riding motorcycles for a large number of years, and i used to race atvs every other weekend...

doesnt mean i want a big bike like that... ill stick to the 89 ninja 600 im in the middle of paying for... glad i didnt get the buell blast. B)

Well, 900+ cc's is a bit of a challenge to handle, but this bike was doing about 20-25 mph. That's respectable. The kid had a helmet on, and the helmet looks good. I can't imagine why he died in the collision.

I suppose that classically, he was rear-brake dependent, and was more concerned about saving the bike than himself. All things that rookies, and even some pros, occasionally do. I've resolved myself to give the brakes and maneuving a try until I reach about 20 mph, then I'll jump off that bike and send it hurdling towards the car. I don't care, I want off that ride.

-> Steve

My ex roommate did that with his harley. He got in this situation on an open road. He was so intent on keeping the Harley scratch free and shiny, that he suffered a crushed leg and broken shoulder. I would have jumped off that bastard "SEE YA!" as soon as the ground wasn't moving so fast that I would die. Seriously, you hit the road, at 30 mph with proper leathers on, and you'll get abrasions and cuts like you read about - But staying with the bike I see so many pin themselves between other cars and the bike - AT a speed that they could just jumped off and ran with.

it was a honda CBR F4i (600cc)

In a recent claim a 23 year old was showing off for a car of girls he had just been talking to at a red light. In one block he was going 83 MPH when he changed lanes and hit my insured's vehicle that was making a left turn (imagine the impact on the opposite side of the car than this). His had unbuckled his helment to flirt and didn't strap it back before he left. At the moment of impact his helment flew off. His head then went through the windshield directly in front of the insured's 11 year old daughter in the front passenger seat. As his body rotated over the vehicle, it snatched his head back out of the windshield and he ended up 75' away from the car. It was a smaller car than this and had less damage.

This guy was flying----in my somewhat expert opinion. Fault doesn't really matter. When you're dead, you're dead.

And as a parent I can assure you there is a lot of guilt about the boy owning the bike regardless of the negligence factor.

I'm from Napa and that happend about 3 weeks ago. The story is that the kid was doing in excess of 80MPH, however the speedo was stuck showing 102MPH on the display. Make any assumptions you'd all like. The guy is dead and we all have to learn from their mistakes.

~TRu Hybrid

Hmmmp weird the speedo stuck in place like that since it's a digi speedo

he was travelling in excess of 80 mph...and had recently been given a warning from a police officer for 100mph. Its in the story....reckless youth.

From a motorcycle board member

Back