Another bleeding heart Celerity thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

I have a serious problem understanding where the human race is going in terms of social behaviors.

I've been dating. Most of you couldn't give a shit, maybe 2 or so you do.

I am completely honest. I tell women that I'm aloof, serious, prone to surreal behavior and very quiet.

And they all think it's romantic. Then they meet me, and they think it's quirky.

Second date they are humping my leg going off on this "Are you mad at me?" shit and generally irritating me with the requests to "Cheer up" and "Talk to me!".

It's like I was just kidding when I told them the truth - If I don't have anything to say, I plain won't talk. Simple. Cut and dry. And whenever I get a woman that "says" she's either cool with that, or that it makes me "mysterious" I get all excited that there may be someone for me.

Then it goes sour. It's a rollercoaster that quite frankly, I'm sick of. For the first time in my single life I'm actually stressed out. I have "complications" in my life and the very thought of it makes me sick. Now, the mystery and why I turn to my Honda fellas for help:

I meet tons of women now. I hate most of them. Floozies and sluts - all fucked in the head and while they cry out for someone to respect them - It's simply impossible. How many girls have we each, all of us, found that we were willing to give a shot to only to find her giving head behind some bar to someone she just met? If you've seen it once, it's enough to make you sick as well.

It seems the very thing that women want in life, they do all in their power to guarantee they NOT get. And that's simply bullshit. My caring and infinite concern for their situations turns to loathing and pity in a heartbeat. Once again, they say they want someone like me, but what they REALLY want are free drinks and a ticket to easy-street stamped by the throbbing member of the first guy with the gumption to simply whip it out.

It's clear that this behavior is below me.

So I trudge onward, Finding and courting a woman in my own dignified way. And like I posted several months ago - the results are the same all the time. I wait, take my time and truly see if it's the person I'm willing to let into the Circle of Cel®, And within a week's time they have trounced off with someone else who simply rolled the die higher and faster. I wait to let women learn me for who I really am, without the aid of simply talking for hours about "How great I am".

And while I'm demonstrating the goods, They are signing the papers on something else.

I can do this all year long. Well, at least until I finally snap and go serial on a group of unsuspecting girls. The real problem is something else new to me. Behold:

Is my ex doing this?

Talk about emotional baggage. On the advice of so many people I have finally let go of all the rotten shit she's done. I haven't forgiven, nor forgot, but I have managed to put her on a neutral "I don't hate her, but I don't like her" ground. I haven't forgotten what bad she did to me, but I have managed to be indifferent about the whole thing.

Then something evil happened. She called me. And was nice.

Now, all of this work to put her on a balanced and indifferent grounds, has merely afforded an opportunity for her to weasle back in. Now when she calls me crying and apologetic, I not listen but I feel for the girl.

This is a huge problem.

Cliff's Notes: Because of the irrational behavior of women, and the overly accomodating nature of my own psyche - I'm now open to all sorts of issues, baggage, and complications in my life. I need an answer.

-> Steve

i'm the same way. only most girls won't even talk to me in the first place. :(

Once i get to know a girl I somehow become an asshole or a jerk by not doing a damn thing. I dunno man...somehow we're the same... I just don't like to talk all the time either.

"Talk is Cheap"

Please, if you know a woman, send her this rant.

Anyone can say anything they like. And they usually do. Dating time, particularly first dates are a time of vulnerability and predatory behavior for both people involved.

Something about the first date just makes you believe anything that they say. Not "anything" like "I'm a rhodes Scholar" but just things like "Yeah, I like honesty in people" (That's my favorite little lie right there).

The other person is somehow led to believe it. They are fully open to learning about their date, and making up their minds constantly if they want to see the other. The entire evening is a sales pitch.

And how many salesman live up to their promises ? None. They are there to sell. And selling is what we do.

The terrible opposing force of this phenomenon is that people WANT to be lied to. Sure, they don't say that they do, but they certainly respond better to lies.

No one ever asked for a second date with someone who proudly admitted that they "... Commonly overreact to simple things, and that they can't identify a problem to even bother answering it, so they'll just go off on some rant while throwing things about the room. They'll storm out, you'll pack your clothes and leave and then they'll come in the room again, on bended knee and beg for forgiveness. Happy ending." (irony)

-> Steve

Why talk if it's not interesting??? that's my philosophy.

:werd: I am also sick of fucking cockteases playing games, they are getting old and I can't stand them. Its a waste of my time. Here is a quote from a co-worker "All women are psycho and fucked in the head. The goal is to find the least psycho you can." Finding the least psycho is like finding a needle in a haystack.

hey now, don't be dissin salesmen <_<

i've never really had any bad experiances with women.. i was basically afraid to talk to them untill about 2 years ago(jr in high school). now i'm in a solid relationship.. acutally, today is 1 year 6 months for us!

ok well here's my thing about men. they all bitch and moan about girls and how we are the sluts and what not but i mean i have dated a lot of guys and i don't get them either.

here's my question- where do you meet most these girls and have a first date with them after that?

Originally posted by Trinity@Feb 5 2004, 02:30 AM
where do you meet most these girls and have a first date with them after that?

Intarnet Dateing Chat rooms, and Dateing Services........Ownes Celerity....

:p :D :lol: :p :D :lol: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Intarnet Dateing Chat rooms, and Dateing Services........Ownes Celerity....

Only after reading Relationshit did I begin to use internet dating services - And I have to say I've had a bit of success. Following their writings on honesty in writing, I also got the chance to see what kind of "Mask" works in a first-time meeting thing.

What I've learned is that my real personality doesn't pick up chix. And I'm ok with that.

Internet Dating is quick. In a matter of a few hours you can have the setup going with a handful of women, and you can get a lot of details out of the way. It's a lightning round to get back into the swing of "real" dating. It's taught me a lot about myself.

I still meet women in person, but since losing my job I don't go out that often. This friday I hope to have a date with the parts girl at the Buick dealer :)

-> Steve

Meeting internet girls is a joke!

I used to do that when I was like 15 and it was just plain stupid. The only girl that I met that looked decent was just a big flirt/cocktease. Fuck internet chat rooms to meet girls. If you cant meet them by going up to them and talking/macking, then your lame and dont diserve to have a girl.

Internet chat rooms to meet girls is soo ghey! Your hiding behind words and crap that you can not tell what kind of person they are or what they look like with out pictures.

Pictures are almost worthless too. I have seen girls pictures, then when I meet them, they were totally different. Its like they post their BEST OF THE BEST picture of them when in fact they really dont look too much like the picture at all.

Sorry to hate on the 25 year old internet dudes that try to pick up on chicks, but I believe that it is really lame. :thumbsdown:

End of rant. :thumbsup:

so i'm stil lost as to were you meet most of your girls and take them on dates.

Originally posted by Trinity@Feb 5 2004, 05:17 PM

Pool (the game) is always fun and pool (swimming) is a good starter offer!

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Feb 5 2004, 03:26 PM
Meeting internet girls is a joke!

I used to do that when I was like 15 and it was just plain stupid. The only girl that I met that looked decent was just a big flirt/cocktease. Fuck internet chat rooms to meet girls. If you cant meet them by going up to them and talking/macking, then your lame and dont diserve to have a girl.

Internet dating is not bad at all I've had good luck

I found the girl Im dating now off the internet and I find her very very very good looking

I like the fact that I can find out a good bit about girls before going anywhere its so much cheaper then buying dinner and finding out you have NOTHING in common

Originally posted by jeffie7@Feb 5 2004, 02:42 PM
I like the fact that I can find out a good bit about girls before going anywhere its so much cheaper then buying dinner and finding out you have NOTHING in common

Good point, I never thought of it that way.

But, everytime I try to do this, the girl is like 250 pounds but has a good voice on the phone. Thats another thing, the phone is just like the internet, I won't ever again date a chick that "sounds" hot.

Im not saying that I have all the game in the world, but I can entertain a lot of women! :D

Originally posted by Blocked+Feb 5 2004, 05:29 PM-->
@Feb 5 2004, 05:17 PM

Pool (the game) is always fun and pool (swimming) is a good starter offer!

i'm asking because most people meet someone in bars and that is the worst place to me to meet someone. then most of them time when someone takes a chick on a date they take her too a bar or something like that. to me a first date score would be a blockbuster night. i don't care about going out and i woudn't want any distraction from things going on around me. i want to get to know the person one on one and have a good time. i guess that is why i'm more of a friend than dating material

Back