Another "how fast do you think..." post

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16coupe

I now everyone hates this kind of question but I think someone will have a good idea.

I have been looking all over the internet to see how fast the 1998 pontiac firebird formula is. I see 0-60 in 5.3 and the quarter in 13.8 for the stick version. My question is how much slower is the automatic than the stick, or how much slower do you think it would be? What is the general rule of thumb for how much slower the automatic is than the stick version of a car?
Also what kind of HP gains would be seen for straight pipes on it?

I was just wondering cuz I want to get an idea on what kind of mods I would need to beat my friend's firebird.

Thanks.

Originally posted by b16coupe@Mar 22 2004, 05:41 PM
That is good for me. My friend thinks that I will need a turbo to beat him, but I dont think that I do.

'course not... you're He-Man

didn't you watch "the 80's strikes back" on VH-1, they bluntly stated all the homo erotice subtones from the cartoon he-man....... lol

Originally posted by b16coupe@Mar 22 2004, 08:05 PM
I now everyone hates this kind of question but I think someone will have a good idea.

I have been looking all over the internet to see how fast the 1998 pontiac firebird formula is. I see 0-60 in 5.3 and the quarter in 13.8 for the stick version. My question is how much slower is the automatic than the stick, or how much slower do you think it would be? What is the general rule of thumb for how much slower the automatic is than the stick version of a car?
Also what kind of HP gains would be seen for straight pipes on it?

I was just wondering cuz I want to get an idea on what kind of mods I would need to beat my friend's firebird.

Thanks.

Go here. They'll be able to more accurately answer your question as most of them have an LS1 and know what the straight pipes will do.

a 1998 Firebird Formula has an LS1 V8 with 305 hp and 310 ft lbs of torque in a lighter, more plain jane V6 body.

didn't you watch "the 80's strikes back" on VH-1, they bluntly stated all the homo erotice subtones from the cartoon he-man....... lol

oh no, I did not know this piece of info. The he-man avatar will be changed when I get home.

Go here. They'll be able to more accurately answer your question as most of them have an LS1 and know what the straight pipes will do.

a 1998 Firebird Formula has an LS1 V8 with 305 hp and 310 ft lbs of torque in a lighter, more plain jane V6 body.

Thanks.

Back