Another Motor Like Calesta's. Dyno plot here.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Import Builders

123sdpistonsb16a.JPG

A friend of mine I play golf with got a 99 Si a little while ago. Dyno'd it when it was totally stock, it made 132 WHP? Then he added an intake and JDM Type-R header and nothing else, it made 150 WHP.

Then all we did was change the block to an IB Spec Crate Block, LS, Sleeved to 85 MM with "Super Duper" pistons made directly for 91 octane. I dyno tuned the car with Doug (who did all the work, and is the #1 tuner in the country for Honda's as far as I am concerned). I learn so much from that guy. the owner of Hondata really, really is good on the tuning. I learn what I know from him. Anyway.

The compression is about 12.3:1 and its running H beam rods too. We built the block. So we put the block on, and nothing else, and the HP jumps up to like 206 WHP tuned. (ICEMAN Cold Air intake)

Then I throw on the Super Duper Intake. Peak jumps up 7.5 WHP and bam, 213 WHP and like 172+ lbs of torque.

Similar to Calesta's motor, except the intake, and no cat.

We did not break it in at all, per my article, and just drove it to the dyno and went at it.

Drives like a champ, and on the tank of gas that we used to dyno it, it got 26 MPG on THAT TANK! And we did about 16 dyno passes?

On a dynojet, take away about 9% or so and your in the area. So probably about 195 WHP, and like 160 torque?

Calesta would have been about 196/163 with the super intake. Probably. Close comparison.

Jeff

So, are the IB Spec Crate Blocks going to be the christmas gifts this year? :)

what exactly is the "super duper intake" anyhow?

Back