Another reason California...........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's not just cali this time...

most states are hurting right now due to medicare and unemployment wages
Plus, the price of gas has dropped so much, and with it, the effective tax revenue is 50% less (or more) than it used to be.
When you factor 20% (i dunno what the real tax amt is) on 3.50 a gallon, vs 20% on 1.80 a gallon, you basically lost half your tax rev.

a bunch of gov's are meeting with obama today in philly to discuss finance plans.

taxes here were just raised to 8.25% .. bastards!

i think in that case, gas prices should be raised back up!
i mean, i love gettin a gallon for under 2 bucks just like everyone else, but if its hurting our economy that bad.. i wouldnt mind paying a little extra.
i think the high gas prices were very good for not only our economy, but our society.
it had people walking places, wasting less gas, causing less pollution..
americans might have had a chance to be skinny for once.

man i've been 8% for a while, some counties higher, some lower

also, gas sales tax in NY is different
the state charges flat rate like 14 cents a gallon
most counties also charge flat rate, around 8 cents a gallon, but some counties take in 4%, or round abouts

man i've been 8% for a while, some counties higher, some lower

also, gas sales tax in NY is different
the state charges flat rate like 14 cents a gallon
most counties also charge flat rate, around 8 cents a gallon, but some counties take in 4%, or round abouts

I was just in western NY skiing over thanksgiving. Its crazy how $$ gas is where you are compared to Ohio. I paid $1.99/gallon in Jamestown, NY, then filled up a few days later near Columbus for $1.59.

i think the high gas prices were very good for not only our economy, but our society.
it had people walking places, wasting less gas, causing less pollution..
americans might have had a chance to be skinny for once.

I feel you on that, It sucked, but Higher price of gas is the only way to lower demand for it, and I used to enjoy watching SUV's fill up
They could of added a floor price at like 2 bucks, and brought in more taxe revenue, to off set some of the lost of revenue do the down turn. I can live with 2 dollars a gallon.

yeah and high supply+ low demand = being a dealer with no customers, and a bunch of shit to move

I was just in western NY skiing over thanksgiving. Its crazy how $$ gas is where you are compared to Ohio. I paid $1.99/gallon in Jamestown, NY, then filled up a few days later near Columbus for $1.59.

I love upstate NY, but the taxes are high. Nice thing about upstate tho, you can buy a house for nothing here and you don't have to worry about the stupid license plate sticker or yearly car tax. Makes the cost of living dirt cheap. My house here cost as much per month as my apt in NC.

Patterson is cutting government spending left and right, its not just Cali.With everyone worried about too much government involvement, is this a good thing? We will pull through this either way. I just read something that showed there has been a recession of some sort just about every decade for over 100 years.

Mac Dre is probably turning is his grave..

maybe i shouldnt move back?
but then again, from what ive heard and seen in the past 4 months of living up here, everyone is leaving here.
i think i heard that theyre going to cali.. is washington doing worse than california?
if so, wow.

they should have declared emergency when arnold got elected. another CA city filed for bankruptcy, cuz they ppl that got voted in promised insane pensions and benefits for city workers. well they got them, then real estate problem messed w/ taxes, and now they can't pay. CA is liberal poster child.

Back