Another WTF is Wrong with My Car Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm thinking the cat as well. I had an issue once where driving down the highway if i accelerated the car would stumble and shake...as well as a huge lack of power... turned out to be a clogged catalytic converter. Also check to make sure your PCV is not clogged but that would be more likely to make your car stall at a stop light.

Everything suggested is a potential cause Ya just never know and have to eliminate them one at a time. I would also change out all the vacuum lines on it.

The spray down for electrical arcing is a good idea. That also can work when checking for vacuum leaks.

Ya know what Chaz, for the price of a set of spark plugs, change them just to be sure. Visual checks on spark plugs are not 100% reliable that they are in good shape.

Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Been pretty busy, yesterday on the way back from checking out a car for Brittany, my car started running even worse and finally threw a CEL, code 3 Map Sensor. I had issues with the stupid thing back two summers ago when it got really hot out. I would be able to start it once it cooled off and it wouldn't throw the code. This time I thought it might the same. This morning when I started it, it threw the code again right away even thought it was quite mild out at 630am.

Checked the wiring from the sensor to where it goes into the harness at the ecu and everything has continuity so there is no break in the wire. Could be a bad MAP or ECU, I'm leaning towards MAP (or at least hoping its this). I'm running a P08 so id have to find a P28 and change back to a 4 wire O2 sensor. We'll see. My Honda buddy from work has quite a few hookups so he's gonna find an ecu and a map sensor for me to try tomorrow. Car still drives, albeit in limp mode or whatever its called. Bogs like none other until I'm above 3k or so rpms.

Tried a new MAP sensor today... nothing!

Popped in a P28 ECU, ran just like it's supposed to. Did however throw a code 41 for Oxygen sensor heater... but I knew it would because I'm currently running a single wire O2 sensor which is what the P08 ECU utilized. So I'll just have to wire in a four wire and I'll be set!

ECU set me back $70. Not too bad.

Very good. I have a spare P28 ECU listed on eBay right now - had I known, I'd have shipped it to you for postage.

Aww damn that's too bad, I appreciate the generosity though man! Oh well. At least I didn't pay more than that. I have no idea why my ECU stopped working properly. We'll see if it clears up the rest of the funky driving issues I've been having.

I had the exact same problem with my CRX when i swapped in the twin cam integra D series, forgot to hook up the "map box" on the firewall
ran like shit till i got over 3k

So I had similar issue again recently to what I had before. I did a better job inspecting my MAP sensor wires and they had little tiny cuts in them near the sensor. I wrapped all three individually in electrical tape and I haven't had the same misfire in awhile. It could use new spark plugs and an oil change though.

Back