ANTIFREEZE BOLT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

B18B ENGINE........BOLT ON THE ENGINE BLOCK(*WHERE YOU BLEED THE ANTIFREEZE) BROKE IN HALF......... How do i get it out cuz i have a steady stream of antifreeze coming out from it......please help me!!!!..... What else could i do to fix this problem

Yeah, EZ-Out and replacing it would be the best method.

You could also simply JB Weld the hole shut. It should hold under the temp/pressure.

uhm, tap it and get a new bleeder...

is it a replaceable part, or does that bleeder go direct into the block?
if you drill and tap makes sure you don't get metal in your motor...

well the bleeder is on the block of the engine......I dont want to tap it out n have metal in my engine.....is there a for sure solution for this problem???

Originally posted by Jazzy19@Mar 29 2004, 06:25 PM
well the bleeder is on the block of the engine......I dont want to tap it out n have metal in my engine.....is there a for sure solution for this problem???

Get an easy out from sears, back it out and replace the bolt like everyone said, the easyout won't make really hardly any metal shavings. I guess you could do it with the car on, so the positive coolant pressure keeps crap out of the head?

it is on the water neck if im thinking right and it that is the sase take it off tap it and replace if cant fix go to the junkyard and get whole water neck

Originally posted by nfn15037+Mar 30 2004, 12:47 PM-->
@Mar 29 2004, 06:25 PM

Get an easy out from sears, back it out and replace the bolt like everyone said, the easyout won't make really hardly any metal shavings. I guess you could do it with the car on, so the positive coolant pressure keeps crap out of the head?

Do not do this or you will melt your coolant-less engine and/or possibly face. Jesus. :roll: Cooling jackets don't touch anything important and a few shavings won't destroy a water pump. Is it on the waterneck? 12mm nipple? They crack if you overtighten them. You can get some hondabond and a matching bolt to block it off completely until you get a new neck. If it broke going in then an easy out will do the trick, if it broke coming out them probably not.

Back