Anyone Driven On Tokico Illumina Shocks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I thought about Teins, then I asked myself "Why do I want coilovers? I don't have cornerscales, so how will they do me any good?" and I decided that I didn't want to pay $1100 for a suspension setup when I would only use half of its functionality. So I got Koni Yellows and H&R Race springs. I love this setup. Well balanced, it can be a very comfortable ride on the lower settings, and damned stiff on the upper ones.

Originally posted by Baker@Mar 9 2003, 12:18 PM
thats all i wanted and when I picked up a set new for $350 i couldn't refuse

where'd you go to get koni yellows for 350????

I think overall Koni yellow adj. are a great vaule compared to KYB and tokio's. I had kyb's before and they were good but I like the koni's better. I plan on getting some. Iam currently on Tokico blue and I think they ride like crap. I had a freind who had koni yellows and I loved them plus there 5 way adj.

For the Gen 2 Integra they do not, but I my brake lines mount to the knuckle so I am not worried about it.
s3e715ebc37995.jpg

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 16 2003, 01:58 PM
I thought about Teins, then I asked myself "Why do I want coilovers? I don't have cornerscales, so how will they do me any good?" and I decided that I didn't want to pay $1100 for a suspension setup when I would only use half of its functionality. So I got Koni Yellows and H&R Race springs. I love this setup. Well balanced, it can be a very comfortable ride on the lower settings, and damned stiff on the upper ones.

Thats exactly what i want on my hatch,.. koni yellows and h&r race springs.!! i cant wait to get those.. :worthy:

Im putting KYB non adjustables on the Civic today, hopefully all goes well and I dont break anything in the process. I will come back with a full report. But for 215 shipped from Nopi to my door in 2 days I don't think I can go but so wrong.

My roomate had tockico blues on nuespeed race springs and it was almost worse than the stock struts.

But if you want adj. then go with Tokico.

Well I test drove with three on and so far its quite the difference. I was just looking for a smooth ride esp compared to my blown factory struts with 140k on them. Now if it would stop raining, maybe I could get the R/R strut on and give a better more comprehensive test.

What didn't you like about the KYB's?

Back