Anyone else into UFC? Spike TV right now.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Sep 6 2005, 11:52 PM

chuck liddel out boxed Wanderlei Silva in the ufc. pride fighting is not as high as ufc is.

as far a chokes go i think anything goes. rear naked, triangle, guoitiene (sp?). they have the rules on ufc.tv
[post=550496]Quoted post[/post]​

I didnt think silva had any losses.

Originally posted by caffeind@Sep 7 2005, 08:17 PM
I didnt think silva had any losses.
[post=550982]Quoted post[/post]​

i never seen liddell fight silva, but Silva is 29-5-1, Liddell is 17-3-0, and Rutten is 27-4-1.

Originally posted by micah@Sep 8 2005, 12:12 AM
ill take ken shamrock over any of them

hes an old fart now, but man he kicked ass
[post=551190]Quoted post[/post]​

the new rich franklin

There is a "ufc"ish fight group at my ballys. This is no joke... they have mats down the steps in the storage room. And dudes go down there to spar. I mean it is not no Tank Abbot type shit but it is real enough for me to realize i dont want any part in it. Some walk away with bruises but thats about it because they wear full head gear so they can still go back to work when they are done.

I saw that Bonner v. Griffin fight live in Vegas last year while I was on vacation, it was awesome.

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Sep 9 2005, 09:59 AM
There is a "ufc"ish fight group at my ballys. This is no joke... they have mats down the steps in the storage room. And dudes go down there to spar. I mean it is not no Tank Abbot type shit but it is real enough for me to realize i dont want any part in it. Some walk away with bruises but thats about it because they wear full head gear so they can still go back to work when they are done.
[post=551847]Quoted post[/post]​

tank abbott was old school ufc. back when bar room brawlers could just show up and win matches. now they dont stand a chance. example:tank abbott's comeback against kimo. got his ass kicked in the first period.

too many rules now... they fucked it all up IMO :(
i liked it better when it first came out
shit was BRUTAL

Its still pretty good, with "professional" fighters. But it was cool watching a 500 pound black guy go up against a 200 pound white dude.

Anyone see the one where they have to do revolutions around the heavy weights? it's nuts.

the guy in the blue and black shorts sucks.... His opponents face was wide open for like 10 seconds and he did nothign. I remember the ref used to be buff... nnow he looks like a wuss.

You got it the other way around, the guy in the blue and black is the one with his face busted open and he's kicking ass right now.

Well i am saying as in the dude in the blue... had atleast 2 opportunities where his opponents face was wide open and he just took time to catch his breath. I know fatigue sets in but damn. It seems like the knee isnt used enough in this fight and they focus more on submission. This episode is weaksauce. Chuck liddle looks huge though in that commercial...lol.

Back