Anyone have any idea what this is?? Name that part!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Seriously. I need another one of these. Whatever the hell it its... I took a pic of what is left of the logo, but you can't make much out. Anyone recognize this? Its about 2 feet tall.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

It appears to be a chassis part from the construction of it. All hardware seems to be adjustable in one way or another. All bolt holes are elongated. Perhaps for alignment? Square bolt heads suggest early manufacture. Thick formed sheet metal with rivets. I honestly have no idea what it is, but I need another one! (for a project)

Attachments

• IMG_4120.JPG
    IMG_4120.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_4122.JPG
    IMG_4122.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_4123.JPG
    IMG_4123.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4125.JPG
    IMG_4125.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_4126.JPG
    IMG_4126.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 314
Scrap yard / metal recycling place. Could be anything.

It looks like some kind of cable anchor, perhaps for a piece of farm equipment or power lines...

Square bolt heads would lead me to think that it isn't automotive...

Other than that, I have no freakin' clue

Closest thing I can find is a pipe roller support / strut. Maybe used in pairs to hold a rollers to run pipe above ground.

The three bolts in the top triangulate. Perhaps to hold an object. Being a roller, the adjustability would make sense.

From what I've read, its pretty common to run long steel pipes on rollers instead of solid clamps because it expands and contracts so much in the sun.

Still, I don't really have any idea.

I'm passionate about machinery. Next time you can (New England is full of these..) check out a Tractor show. They usually show up with tractors (Which can be a bit boring) but they also bring these enormous steam-powered machines. And the one in Kent CT (In september) is amazing. I mean, truly it's an incredible show.

If you need to impress anyone, learn John Deere models. It's simple as hell. If you give it 45 minutes study time, you'll be able to identify any J-D ever made.

Also, as a matter of pride, Sheppard was a company that was located near where I now live. Hometown pride !

Bet that knowledge could get you some sweet Nebraska tail! But in all seriousness, I'm very eclectic about my automotive/mechanical interests too. Tractors just never did it for me.

Back