Anyone into R/C cars?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok lets post some pics of our r/c machines

you mentioned atv's
have you gotten your little guy a small atv or crf50 yet?
start em young
my friend bought one for his son, along with a kitty kat snowmobile
lots of fun to watch him play, and its good to see him ride when we get our crf50's out too

I got hin a little 110cc. Its still a little big for him yet. I have 2 4 wheelers and a honda oddyssey fl250, with a few mods exh. Weisco piston better carb.

I have another fl250 at the shop iam putting a 650 or larger sport bike engine on.........

i get 15-20 min on my brushless setup with a 4400 mah racers edge battery.
i have a backup, and i leave that on the charger while im running the other battery.

Wow. 1400mAH used to be the "extended range" battery. ;)

sure was, now 4400mah is just a little above middle of the road.
79 bucks for a good lithium batt. I am still kinda new to all the new tech out there but they dont always last longer but they do give you alot more power......

79 bucks for a good lithium batt. I am still kinda new to all the new tech out there but they dont always last longer but they do give you alot more power......

$79 is about a good 3S 2250mah 40C pack, the bigger 5S+ can hit upwards of $250-$275.

Wow...... The besst ones that i looked at at the local hooby/track was like 79 bucks they arre the green ones....... Sorry still kinda new to this.

Wow...... The besst ones that i looked at at the local hooby/track was like 79 bucks they arre the green ones....... Sorry still kinda new to this.

Nothing to be sorry about :) Lipos have really blown up the last couple years, there are tons of brands, we stick to about four companies that are the most consistent, Thunderpower, Flightpower, Hyperion, Venom, Outrage are the ones that come to mind. There's a ton of companies out of China that sell packs for very cheap, but you get what you pay for.

yeah i am all set with buyin a cheap china pack and watchin it go boom cause its crap.

There was an old guy at the track that was showing me the china made batteries he said 1 out of 4 he ordered where shit. But even the good ones didnt last as long as the same type battery that was from a reputable brand. At the local flea market they are selling nitro cars ready to run for $199 i beleive they are some chinese made cars also.

the problem with all the chinese stuff is when ya break it, and it will break, getting parts for it.

yeah i am all set with buyin a cheap china pack and watchin it go boom cause its crap.

Nothing like saving a few bucks on cheap lipos ...

post-1174-1137140114.jpg

Or saving $20 to watch you $1,500 model burn ...

b_201005041112426751.jpg

There was an old guy at the track that was showing me the china made batteries he said 1 out of 4 he ordered where shit. But even the good ones didnt last as long as the same type battery that was from a reputable brand. At the local flea market they are selling nitro cars ready to run for $199 i beleive they are some chinese made cars also.

Yip. Guys used to call asking if we sold a particular brand, and when I told them no, they would tell me about the great deals straight from HK, they were getting four or five packs for what one of ours cost. Only catch was that out of those four or five, you might get two that work good, the other either puff, can't balance or right of the bat have problems being recognized by the charger.

the problem with all the chinese stuff is when ya break it, and it will break, getting parts for it.

Around this time of year we get lots of calls asking if we sell the same little crappy heli's that Walmart, or the mall kiosks do, or why our that "look" the same are four times as much, sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't, there's zero support for those, ours you can crash all you want, they can be fixed, we can show you how, and there's part available.

Back