Anyone On Here Have A Bike?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn, my insurance for my 03 cbr600rr is $33/month full coverage and im only 19

I've had 2 bikes. First was a '91 yamaha FZR-600 (piece of shit....don't buy one!) which got stolen (oh well)
Second was a '96 Suzuki GSXR 750 (loved it and miss it sooooo much!)

I sold the GSXR in order to buy a built 4X4 which has been fun, but I really miss the bike.

As far as insurance goes, the most I ever paid was $29 / month for full coverage with $zero deductible.

I will definately buy another bike once my Lude and CRX are done. I've been fortunate enough to not experience any wrecks, but it has come close....people do not pay attention and really like to pull in front of you. Not only are bikes small and hard to see, but it's extremely hard to judge how fast they are going. Definately watch out for soccer mom's driving their SUV's....they really like to cut you off. One tactic that I always used to use and probably saved me a couple times is whenever I would approach an intersection, I would flash/toggle my headlight between low and high beam in an attempt to make sure people saw me. Under no circumstance should you take your eyes off the road. It's just a simple fact that some people won't see you and it's your job as the underdog to assume the worst. Keep the wheelies on isolated roads and away from traffic.

Best of luck to ya...

i live in florida too ... best place to own a bike ....the cops where i live (buttfuckedegypt) dont know dick about bikes so i had a race pipe on mines and they dont know the difference ....and no reconstruction laws like hawaii .... can pretty much do anything to ur car here and they dont really give a shit ... but in hawaii u put rims on you rcar they pull u over if u dont got the sticker for it lmao ...isnt that gay ...but anyways ....i just wanted to say .... this is for the guy that always wore a helmet ...u own those idiots! i always wore a helmet!!!!!! all my boys did !! we made fun of the idiots riding in shorts and no helmets !! flaming homoz !!! just asking for road rash and a concusion!!! and most of those idiots dont know how to ride !! i would smoke them ...they are usually just posers!!!! if u ride with shorts and no helmet u are a fuckin fucktard poser!! just like the guys with exaust tips and no mufflers!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I HOPE THEY ALL WRECK AND DIE :D

im still shopping.. god damnit!! im sooo close to buyin one.. i woulda bought one already but the seller was a flake.. yea.. THE SELLER.. fuckin crazy, ive never met a flakey seller.

Well i will be a 1st time owner...I rode a bike a few years ago & loved it but was too poor to do anything about it....I just sold my sol yesterday so i have the money for a bike....I just want to pick the right one....So what does 3k for a 99 fzr600 with 9k miles, stage 1 jet pack, exhaust, new tires, chain, and i dunno what else, good deal or not? Safe for me? (I'll probably have to re-learn.) Lemme know. Thanks.

Fuck yea that's a good deal, how's the body? How many times has it been dropped?

I used to work at a Bike Shop in Orlando and whenever a guy came in bragging about not wearing his helmet I'd say see that wall there? Bend your head down and run into as fast as you can. Pussies. Helmet.EarPlugs.Boots.Gloves.Always.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 30 2003, 06:49 AM
Fuck yea that's a good deal, how's the body? How many times has it been dropped?

I used to work at a Bike Shop in Orlando and whenever a guy came in bragging about not wearing his helmet I'd say see that wall there? Bend your head down and run into as fast as you can. Pussies. Helmet.EarPlugs.Boots.Gloves.Always.

you forgot pants and a riding jacket yo, no way in hell am I going to the ER because i dumped my bike and they have to pull gravel out of my arm

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 30 2003, 06:49 AM

The body is in perfect condition...my buddy hasn't dropped it at all....i don't know about the previous owner....i found a damn good deal on a b18b with tranny, ecu & all i dunno if i can afford both so...decisions, decisions...

yo why would u buy an fzr ...get a honda plz .... or an r6 if u have to go yamaha .. :p
s3eb06a61aaeea.jpg

i finally figured out how to post pics in forums hehe ... i suck with internet and computers ... just got this bad ass computer for couter strike lol ..but anyways ... see what im wearing ... one piece suit w/ armor race boots w/ armor kevlar gloves , helmet ... ok well thast a little extreme ... but i u wanna ride like a pro atleast wear the gear ! if u are just a poser wear shorts ... but i never rode without atleast helmet gloves jacket and boots and jeans ... dont be a poser !! if u get a bike learn how to ride it ... i did !! check out my pic :rolleyes:

why fzr? hmm cause it's a good deal from my buddy...i didn't plan on buyin a bike but he is willin to sell it to me for a good price so ya....haha i didn't look at any other bikes...i will learn how to ride the right way too :D any ideas on what gear i should get? thanks...

if money is an issue ... maditory helmet ... then i would suggest a jacket ..cause im sure u own a pair of jeans ... the next thing would b gloves unless u dont own a pair of boots or high top sneakers .. somthing with a little ankle protection ... that would be my first gear set up ... just for normal everyday riding ..learing to shit better .. brake turn ect .. once u get past that point its a totally different story .. :D

ive been riding motorcycles since i was 9 w/ 2 on the street, my dad has been riding for 30 some odd years, and was an instructor
If your just starting to ride i would suggest getting a standard bike (sportbike w/o the fairing/plastic and lower tuning)
as for the stupid people who dont have riding gear "dress for the crash not the ride"
and dont go out tryin to scrape your knees yet my friend ive been around motorcycles long enough to see 6 riders die and 4 of them were very experienced.... just keep it safe and dont become another statistic/reason your friends dont let their kids ride motorcycles.....

Ya i planned on goin wit a helmet and a jacket and gloves and boots but that's as much cash as i wanted to spend...I'm gonna to practice day riding, by myself or with my buddy for the 1st month and then i'll try some night riding and then just get into the feel of things...i'd get a cheaper bike but i can't pass this deal up so i might as well hope i don't screw it up too much...thanks for the tips guys

my swap... bein pushed back even more.. i picked this sexy bitch up tonight

99 r6
s3eb3601d493ed.jpg

Back