Anyone recognize this bolt? HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16CRX

First, a little background:
My car has a little oil leak near the crank pulley, so I beleive its the crank seal, but really have no clue...This is a CRX with a B16A first gen boosted, stock internals, 12 psi tuned. may be burning some coolant at high rpms @12psi....but anyways...

So, today, I was making adjustments to my BOV. I brought it up to like 4-6 psi and let off each time. Now one time when I did it, I let off at like 2 psi or less and I heard something directly under the console kida make a backfire sound (muffled so it wasnt quite like backfire). after that odd little sound, I loosened the BOV a little thinking that maybe it was extreme compressor surge...(throwing out theories). Went again and there was no strange sounds, and teh BOV sounded just right, finally.

Well, as I was leaving the neighborhood, I see this black bolt looking thing laying on teh ground near where I heard that strange sound. So, I go back to it and pick it up. It's oily as shit. I have no idea what the hell it is or if it is even from my car.

Here are some pics of this bolt I found...
wMTAwNjAwMTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTAwNjAwMjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTAwNjAwMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

thanks guys!

alternator pivot bolt for sure. I had mine lossen up and fall off on my d16z6 before. Without a doubt it is that bolt.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 17 2005, 08:23 PM
alternator pivot bolt for sure. I had mine lossen up and fall off on my d16z6 before. Without a doubt it is that bolt.
[post=527735]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

That's what it is. I've pulled enough of them to know.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jul 17 2005, 10:27 PM-->
asmallsol
@Jul 17 2005, 08:23 PM
[post=527735]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

That's what it is. I've pulled enough of them to know.
[post=527737]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :withstupid:
Thats def. the alternator bolt.... :)

well, shit I thought it kinda looked liek it, but my battery light never came on or anything.....

shit I just realized yu\ou said PIVOT bolt. I just went and tried to see if it weas still tehre with no luck. I'm gonna have to get it on ramps in the morning to find out for sure.

Oh lord THAT THING. put grease on it beforeyou put it in. I was sooo frustrated with that thing being corroded to the alternator i had to cut off the ears from the alternator and it still didnt want to come out. I still got like 80 bucks for the alternator core charge! HAHAH!

Back