Anyone Remember Their Elloise?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
two months ago i waxed my car. in being the lazy fuck that i am, i allowed my 16 year old neighbor to help out.
he inadvertantly got some of the wax on the rubber stripping on the back right side window (its a 96 ex coupe)

and i just noticed little white splotches of dried up wax on the rubber stripping.

i tried nail polish remover. didnt work.

anyone know how to get rid of old (meguiars) wax stains on the rubber stripping out side the back seat window?

good luck.. once you let max dry, you get to have hell getting it off, unless has invented something since i last bought wax.

I used to work at a detail shop, your going to need to probably get some "trim care" spray. Spray it on a rag and scrub the spot. It will probably come out. Watch out what your using on that trim, you can stain it. Just find trim care, it should work

nm, i solved my own problem.

paint thinner, used sparingly works to take off 3 month old dried up wax on rubber sealing around windows.

Originally posted by karnash@Apr 6 2003, 04:12 PM
nm, i solved my own problem.

paint thinner, used sparingly works to take off 3 month old dried up wax on rubber sealing around windows.

I was going to say paint thinner, but I didn't know how good you were with chems, ie paint thinner around a car can cause problems :)

3m makes a product called back to black it's great.

for things like plastic vinal stuff (aka body armor for aztec) on the out side, ding protectors, side skirts ect. When you spill wax on that stuff, it is almost impossible to get off. Back to black works.

NOOOOO. trust me. that trim is painted metal..not rubber. using back-to-black, or any kind of rubber/vinyl treatment will make that flat black paint krinkle after a few weeks! i have a friend who had the same problem with the wax on the rear window trim and he used armor-all to clean it. in a few weeks the paint was crackling, and you could see the bare metal underneath. the same thing happened to me with my crx a long time ago. i told him it was metal but he wouldnt beleive me. he has a 2000 accord. ended up replacing that trim. the dealer paid for it cause he bought it only 3 or 4 weeks before!

anyway...the easiest way i found to get rid of wax in those areas is to simply get a toothbrush, wet it with some soapy water, mild detergent or windex and gently work the area with it. wipe it with a rag and see if you got it all, then work it a little more if needed.

you guys are pussies. windex? does that look like a window to you? detergent? is it a sock?

coming from a detailer - please buy detailing products. There are products for everything.

i went out and bought some shit made by mothers called "back to black" or something like that.

i put it on the rubber trim around my windows and it looks really good. the black looks like it did when the car was new.

:bash: thats what my friend did..and its gonna start crackling in a few weeks.

in response to the other post...you dont need to buy expensive stuff to clean the black painted trim on your windows. i wasn't talkin about the car's finish.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Apr 8 2003, 04:02 AM
:bash: thats what my friend did..and its gonna start crackling in a few weeks.

in response to the other post...you dont need to buy expensive stuff to clean the black painted trim on your windows. i wasn't talkin about the car's finish.

you'd be suprised how easy it is to fuck up the black moldings and rubber, they are painted/dyed differently

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Apr 8 2003, 04:02 AM
..and its gonna start crackling in a few weeks.

somehow i doubt this....but i will keep you informed.

its cracked anyways, little lines are allready showing (before i put the back to black on)

Back