anyone using the Password JDM ....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I'm thinking of getting a billet cam seal and the magnetic oil and tranny drain plugs from them and was wondering if anyone is using either and how they like them?

does anyone have any good comparisons to other similar parts?

Golden Eagle makes an oil plug and a cam seal that I have heard good things about but they don't make a tranny magnetic plug and that seams like a good idea to have one of those

if anyone has any comments please post

thanks

cam seal is a complete waste. Unless yours is leaking, then I would suggest that you get a OEM cam seal and replace it.

Magnetic drain plugs are great. They catch a few things that your filters don't. That can only be a good thing.

thanks for your opinion on those parts in general... I'm wondering if the stuff made by password is any good...

I'm not out to get a cam seal just cause they look cool, but for something that only costs about twice what the oem part costs and eliminates the problem of that leaking ever again it seems like an allright investment (and it's only $20 anyway)

anyway, if anyone has thoughts on PasswordJDM products specifically I'd like to hear them

thanks

I would also like to know, I plan to purchase one fo teh oil drain plugs myself. Oh yea, and cam seals dont leak often unless it is pretty old. I use OEM on my b16 and its fine. Hasn't leaked since I changed it about 2 years ago.

I bought the Password:JDM cam seal for my B16A, (just cuzz I thought it looked cool...) and haven't had a problem with it. It never leaks, but it never did with the OEM one either.

i cant see the cam seal doing much of anything over the stock one, other than looking better... it still has rubber O-rings that will still wear out over time :shrug2:

the magnetic drain plug can only help :thumbsup:

I know the mag drain plugs can only help...
what I'm wondering is if it is worth $50 for the Spoon magnetic oil and tranny drain plugs or if I should just go with the PasswordJDM ones for $35?

any thoughts on that?

does spoon use some exotic JDM magnet making it worth the extra money???
:no:

fuck spoon
you are paying for the name, nothing more

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 23 2005, 08:55 AM

fuck spoon
you are paying for the name, nothing more
[post=543970]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah forget spoon and password, go to your local auto parts store and you might be surprised to find one for 10 bucks.

this is essentially what I figured but there is something to be said for brand names on occaision...

it's the same reason I bought Eibach springs instead of some Ebay knock off
sometimes the cheap sh#t is cheap for a reason and I don't want a random magnet braking off and floating around in my oil pan because Password used an inferior joining method to attach the magnet to the bolt

anyway

what about just getting one of the magnets that goes around the oil filter
it has more surface area to collect more shit
easier clean up
no parts to break off inside the engine

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 23 2005, 08:55 AM
[post=543970]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but then you can justify the spoon sticker! I like spoon. Completely performance minded company. No show, all go. But yeah, its too damned expensive.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 23 2005, 10:05 AM
easier clean up
[post=544000]Quoted post[/post]​

haven't heard of these

where can you get them?

well its not like, if the magnet breaks off, its gonna float around. it will stick to teh inside of teh pan, and you will just have to remove it (drop teh pan)...sucks, but at least it wont hit the crank or anything.

Originally posted by seanjuan+Aug 23 2005, 09:12 PM-->
@Aug 23 2005, 10:05 AM
easier clean up
[post=544000]Quoted post[/post]​

haven't heard of these

where can you get them?
[post=544231]Quoted post[/post]​

http://www.filtermag.com

there are others google "oil filter magnets"

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 23 2005, 11:10 PM
http://www.filtermag.com

there are others google "oil filter magnets"
[post=544312]Quoted post[/post]​

so that just attaches to the oil filter and when you change your filter you switch it to the new one?

are you using one right now?

I suppose it couldn't hurt to do both

thanks for the info

not using one now... they dont have one small enough to fit the insight :( and the del sol is hibernating :(
but yeah, when you change the filter just take the magnet off the old one and put it on the new one
ive seen them used, they seem to work well... definatly collect a bunch of crap on the walls of the filter

couldnt hurt to use both :thumbsup:

just wanted to bump this after going to the auto store this weekend. at my local advanced auto parts store they carry magnetic drain plugs for $1.98 up to $2.98 just so you guys know what a waste spoon and any other plug really is.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Aug 29 2005, 12:24 PM
just wanted to bump this after going to the auto store this weekend. at my local advanced auto parts store they carry magnetic drain plugs for $1.98 up to $2.98 just so you guys know what a waste spoon and any other plug really is.
[post=546797]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the heads up!:)

Back