Apexi ® Super VTEC AFC-2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just wanted to know if it is worth getting a v-tec controller for my h22a motor?i just really wanna lower my v-tec engagment to about 4800rpm because right now its at 5600rpm so please tell me ur comments.thanx

I got one for sale, ($220) and it brand spanken new. I installed it then uninstalled it. Im gonna be converting to obd1 instead so......

Its the black model.

And oh yeah, it will do what your trying to perfectly and then some.

Originally posted by UDT@Jun 20 2005, 08:13 PM
I got one for sale, ($220) and it brand spanken new. I installed it then uninstalled it. Im gonna be converting to obd1 instead so......

Its the black model.

And oh yeah, it will do what your trying to perfectly and then some.
[post=514556]Quoted post[/post]​

so on what models will this work i have a h22a motor with p13 ecu so will it work?

yup any vtec honda wil work

edit: 5600 is to high for that motor....on that ecu it should engage at 5200.....also rememebr theres a reason why vtec engages where it does, the cams in that motor are desingned to make power at that rpm. If you lower it your just gonna lose power. Ive got one, ive done it, i know.

Originally posted by driver1@Jun 20 2005, 07:16 PM
yup any vtec honda wil work

edit: 5600 is to high for that motor....on that ecu it should engage at 5200.....also rememebr theres a reason why vtec engages where it does, the cams in that motor are desingned to make power at that rpm. If you lower it your just gonna lose power. Ive got one, ive done it, i know.
[post=514586]Quoted post[/post]​

With that saids its not a problem AT ALL to lower it 2 or 300 RPM to gain some speed with out being in Vtec, especially when you have a GSR integra or other model/motor trans combination that makes you have to run high RPM at low speeds in 5th gear just to stay out of Vtec. And the whole idea is that you can put it back in a flick a of a finger.

Back