Apexi Avc-r--- Does Anybody Have One

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keehnel1414

I was wondering if anybody has an apexi avc-r. I was wondering if its good to use while running boost? I think that i want to get this and 450cc injectors with a fuel pump and fuel regulator for my engine managment system when running turbo. What do you think about it? I know you guys are all for hondata but i can't tune that myself plus it is a shit load of money. I am only going to run about 8psi.

Thanks for the help and opinions.

PS. IF YOU DON'T THINK THIS A GOOD SETUP AND YOU HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT PLEASE TELL ME YOUR SETUP. (thank you honda masters :worthy:)

hondata does NOT control boost. it controls fuel
the avcr is top of line boost controller. you want to run 8 pounds? get an 8lb (~.45 BAR) WASTEGATE spring) and you dont need a boost controller at all

and please, be patient. no need to post 3 times in an hour saying anyone???

Originally posted by keehnel1414@Apr 9 2003, 08:59 PM
I only posted once.

uhh no you didin't. scroll up.
but anyway, just be patient, there aren't too many turbo heads in here yet

Here is what you said
and please, be patient. no need to post 3 times in an hour saying anyone???

You sad that i posted "Nobody knows about this thing?" 3 times but i only posted it once. The other time i said
Oh i forgot to add that this is for a b18b
And the time before that i said
I was wondering if anybody has an apexi avc-r. I was wondering if its good to use while running boost? I think that i want to get this and 450cc injectors with a fuel pump and fuel regulator for my engine managment system when running turbo. What do you think about it? I know you guys are all for hondata but i can't tune that myself plus it is a shit load of money. I am only going to run about 8psi.

Thanks for the help and opinions.

PS. IF YOU DON'T THINK THIS A GOOD SETUP AND YOU HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT PLEASE TELL ME YOUR SETUP. (thank you honda masters )

I posted a total of 3 times yes. But only one of them asked if anybody was there. I don't mean to be a smart ass. I just like to be yelled at for something i didn't do?

What engine management have you decided on?

I've said this a million times before, but seriously look into uberteg's chip. He is implementing speed based boost control, has many similar features to hondata, and i believe that he is looking into designing an autotune for it when used with a wideband. Best of all, the price for everything will be less than 300 bucks.

I Have an avc-r and it works fine for me.It is a little confusing at first, but It works great, If you are thinking about changing boost psi at all. If all you want to run is a set 8 psi, than just a wastegate with a set sping will do fine for less $.

hey, buddy. I just realized this, some turbo kits come with a fuel management system that piggybacks to the ecu. I have a Greddy Turbo kit for my b18b. Some kits like Greddy are complete so you don't have to worry about getting a fuel managment system if you only plan on boosting at 7psi. B)

I was like you and worried about the fuel management, but realized that the Greddy kit that I bought came with one. I even checked to see if it was there hooked up to my ECU. It was. :spin: (I had a shop install the kit for me).

the greddy blue box is a piece of shit. It's a far cry from fuel management. All it does is make your car run rich as fuck to help prevent detonation by cooling off the cumbustion cycle with cold gas.

Back