Apexi v-tec air fuel controller

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bmx180

I had bought a 1994 honda acount 2.2l v-tec for $300. Yes it was cheap but it needed brakes and tires. One day i was driving and this thing had fell out from under the dash on the passenger side. It says "apexi v-tec air fuel controller on it. i did a little research else where and found out it is to controller when v-tec kicks in. I was wondering if i pulled it out of the computer would it mess anything up? i really dont need it. i just bought the car for a beater so performance doesnt matter to me. as i said, if i pulled it out would it mess up the accord's electronics system? also, where is the obd connector? i pulled out the ashtray and its not there

1. No obd connector. You have an obd1 car. To check codes you jump pins on a connector and it will flash a code with the check engine light. I'm not sure exactly where this is on an accord.

2. You can remove it, HOWEVER, make sure to cap off all of the wires with electrical tape and secure them. The controller taps into some vital signals going to your ECU. You don't want them shorting out. Best bet would be to follow the wires and remove them from where they attach to the factory harness.

Back