applo landing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Notice the flag has no shadow? WTF
a11_h_40_5875.gif

LOOK

LOOK

interesting isn't it?
But the angle of the shadows i quite large. the shadow of the pole is probably all you would see.

If you look at all the other shadows there all going directly to the right, it would seem to me there would be a shadow, even on something as thin as that flag pole. And really, the other shadows are pretty vivid, i mean you would really think there would be a nice shadow coming off that pole. I mean even on things as small as the littlest mound of dirt in the shot have a niceshadow. And you dont even see any stars. And i will say this too, there would have been a problem with wind and what not if it was fake. Am i the only one who thinks they see a another pole/tube/bar extending from the top of the flag pole as if to hold the flag out as apose to it hanging or wipping in the wind.

why would they airbrush the flag out?
if it were in a studio all the shadows would be uniform for everything including the flag...

this was way before computer generated images anyway.

Originally posted by erikespo@Mar 2 2005, 04:58 AM
why would they airbrush the flag out?
if it were in a studio all the shadows would be uniform for everything including the flag...

this was way before computer generated images anyway.
[post=468100]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah so they did alot with lighting. At thats what im thinking not messing with the image.

This has been argued over a thousand times but do relized reflection of shadow will not be the same on the moon because of its orbit around earth- it rolls from what i have read where you really have no north south west or eastern points so directly defining this could have been the cause of the some being at 90 degrees north 0 but for more arguemental sakes our astronautical friend heres shadow dosnt line in with the spaceship which i certainly cannot explain- but the whole flag thing ive heard the full run down on that one from experts in their fields - but no one has every answered why the ship and the astronauts shadow do not go in the same direction - only thing i could thing is the size of the moon is so small the curvature to the terrain causes the shadows to appear not concurrent - but just for simple thought -

also for a sidenote - erik & udt - if the government was really worried about this one they would have removed all false images with chopped ones by pros and denied any one elses copied claiming them to be false and only theirs true ! - i dont think the government has any thing to hide on this one landing on the moon- hoax or not big whoops we walked on the moon - if you really want to know take a high powered telescope and look at the moon every day and maybe u can see the flag lol - there are plenty of high powered telescopes in our universities to catch a glimpse of this! just food for thought

well its not eve nthat icare to much i just think it would be interesting to find out we lied just to be first. LOL hell i dont care i porbably would too. I mean as big a deal as it is its a joke at the same time.

i dunno this looks like the shadow to me. :shrug2: you just cant see most of it cause hes standing in front of it.

gallery_1242_98_79399.jpg

also you have to remember that a shadow of something high up off the ground wont be as defined as something right on the ground, due to other light around it.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 2 2005, 07:17 AM
:werd: :roll:

I wish the conspiracy theorists would quit their bitching.... we were there.
[post=468138]Quoted post[/post]​

lol im not a conspiracy theorists i just saw a thing on the H channel a while back and was interested. I found some stuff on honda tech when searching apollo coil overs.

a11_h_37_5545.gif

this gives you an idea of how far away you should be looking for the shadow...

Apollo 11 astronaut Edwin Aldrin stands facing the U.S. flag on the Moon. The rod to hold the flag out horizontally would not extend fully, so the flag ended up with a slight waviness, giving the appearance of being windblown. The flag itself was difficult to erect, it was very hard to penetrate beyond about 6 to 8 inches into the lunar soil with the flagstaff. (Apollo 11, AS11-40-5875)

a16_m_3021.gif

look at all the craters... damn
shows just how harsh an enviroment out solar system really is...

a huge ball of rock and ice slamming into another heavenly body...
it just blows my mind...

Originally posted by micah@Mar 2 2005, 11:50 AM
theres also no wind on the moon.

but that flag looks like its blowing in the wind to me ><
[post=468205]Quoted post[/post]​

Never heard of solar wind? there is wind it just isnt as volitile as it would on earth -
damn right we landed on the moon also us men have landed on venus lol! and women on mars

someone post up the pic from the onion of the article "HOLY SHIT WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!"

Back