April 2006 Contest.

• Thread starter Thread starter posol
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Win a Free t-shirt and sticker AND $50 cash!
(yes, i'm working on getting them made!)

Here's how it works.

TOP POSTER for the month of April 2006 will win a Free t-shirt and sticker package, along with $50 Cash!

And now, for the fine print:

POSTS IN THE <span style="color:red">Members' Corner</span> Sub forums ( this includes the LOUNGE, CLASSIFIEDS, REGIONAL FORUMS, AUTO-MULTIMEDIA, etc) DO NOT COUNT

The object here is to get some tech posts rolling again.

Whip up those how-to's. Post some pics of a mod you did and how you did it and get a discussion going.

POST WHORING will not be tolerated. All posts must be reasonable responses and helpful.

On May 1st (or there abouts.... may 2nd is my b-day, and i might not be around), I will tally up the top 10 posters outside of the above forums.
I will then be going through each post, and taking out all crap/spam/smilie posts.

If necessary, I will dip into the 11th and 12th place as well.

From there, we will have a winner.

BONUS!
If you're write up is deemed 'good enough' by a staff vote to go on our front page as an article, you will win 100 BONUS "posts" towards the final count.

Quality is equally important as quantity.

valid post dates:

April 01, 2006 00:00:00 -->> April 30, 2006 23:59:59
MOUNTAIN DAYLIGHT TIME. (our server is in mountain time, and it makes it easier for me to do the queries :p )

Let's get it on :cool:

*rubs hands together*

I reformated my minime swap into a how-to form for D-series. Expect to see that make an appearence.

I'm also prototyping a cold-air induction box through Solidworks using an existing weatherproof PVC conduit box. I'm hoping to have that finished and installed by The end of this month.

I got a whole bunch of parts comming and a camera, so expect some tech posts.

Good going, B.

I should've done (and almost did) a write up with pics when I installed my HID's

maybe I'll take them out and redo it :)

Ignore this. Just keeping this code snipit handy as this will be how the initial 10 will be pulled :p

Code:
SELECT count( * ) AS 'postcount', p.author_name
FROM `invision_posts` p
LEFT OUTER JOIN invision_topics t ON p.topic_id = t.tid
WHERE p.post_date
BETWEEN '1143871201'
AND '1146463199'
AND t.forum_id NOT
IN ( 54, 1, 31, 32, 33, 34, 4, 36, 37, 16, 14, 56, 15, 61, 22, 23, 224, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 55, 59, 5, 19 )
GROUP BY p.author_name
ORDER BY postcount DESC
LIMIT 0 , 10

and since you want to know.... :p here's the top group so far.

Code:
postcount author_name
31 MikeBergy
19 brian11to1
15 Calesta
13 97hatch
12 reikoshea
11 sLuShBoXtEgGy
10 Blanco
10 formby
10 Citizen_Insane
9E_SolSi

Bergy is steppin' out to a big lead :p of course, i haven't scrubbed anything yet.
Thats just initial stats.

how about my how-to a GSR sway bar on a mirage?

or sedan front end conversion :)

or .... or .... or ....

nah forget it :p

Wow, I guess I just need to log in every day and keep up what I normally do. Sweet. :)

Oh yeah... and since we're starting to cut back on the overtime at work, maybe I can actually stay online for a bit again.

Bleeeeh...

I could write up tech posts till my eyes are blue...they're still hazel :wink: .....but nobody wants old school tech...it's all about V-tec and turbo's nowdays.....

Everyone has forgot about their roots....where the power really comes from.....

get the wheels lighter than a basketball, tighten the frame up as much as possible, get the car as light as possible, get the smallest and lightest engine to pump out as much power as it can, have it corner the best it can, stop when it needs too...and the rest is on how the driver drives....more HP means you can only go fast streight...cuz when it comes to a corner...the light and nible will be ready exit the second corner when the powerful and heavy is at the first corner....and if they are even...then the best driver will be the victor. Most of the time, it's not the car thats fast..it's the driver. :wink:

The other sections in Hondaswap are important as well...

If a person has a bad day, then the Lounge is a good place to vent and receive moral support.
If a person has a problem with their life, they can always find other ways and/or support from the other guys and gals in the lounge.
If a person finds a good deal, then they will want to share the wealth to the others if they need it...and that can include any section of the full forum.
If a person is having a great day, then they will want to help others have the same. Visesa-versa.
Moral Support is the normal reason that people will post to help others. If I can help make a person smile..then I'm happy. If I made Bob smile when he needed it..then I felt happy. If I can help a person learn from my mistakes...Then my preaching might help someone else....and I'm sure others feel the same way.
If someone see's a car (other than honda or a strange honda that some people in some areas will never see) that others might have an interest in, then they will post it.
If someone will set up or open up their home to fellow members, or set up a meet, then that helps the locals to meet each others. I'm sure a few of my meets helped make a few freinds, but on the downside....I know they made a few enimies.
And who can't turn down bargains or free stuff that other local guys give away :wink:
We have a section that other cars are welcome and tech support for those other cars are always in consise and flame-free as possible.
Plus another section that shows off any car. New stuff or other accomplishment on something besides a honda is always welcome.

Now, maybe a section could be set aside for something that is not car related, or moral support related, maybe a section to show off real family(gf, bf, wife, husband, mom, dad, etc), new pets, house renovations, school choices and are open to all opinions, or flames.

There will always be people looking for technical support, and there will always be others looking for moral support. We are all guilty for looking for both supports. With the technical items...there is enough information located here on the website that they can find it with a few clicks....but to find love and compassion...they will have to just be here a while to or be someone who has a sad story or be known by another member. I am very pleased that we are not a site that will flame every newbie...and for that...I think thats the reason why I stay here all the time. We have became a big family, infact, I think I might go out on a limb here, but I kinda miss some of the posts from Martine, Ji, and anyone else that has been banned for a while...if they still have the same attitude after this long, then screw them, but if they want to join the HS family agian...then let them. If they fall out of line agian, then slap another ban on them. People are people, people do change, and sometimes..they change for the better. I do now have more repect for Ji because he did what most people fear doing, he joined the Air Force, and he is now our protector of freedom...and if anyone can give any technical advice..he was the one that spewed it out from the keyboard. I know how it is to be banned from a site, I'm still banned from ClubSi, just because one person didn't treat a freind I had the same way he treated other people....I stuck up for him, and I typed something stupid, and it got me banned..shit happens.

The real power...comes from people.

People have questions, and other people have answers.
People have problems, and other people has suggestions.
People have items they want to sale, and other people has money.
This board might have been set up as a place to get technical advice to problems, but some problems are deeper than cars or parts...we all need a place to vent or to ask for solutions to problems to other-than-car problems. We're all guilty for asking for said attention. :wink:

Love and Peace,
Clayton

And I wrote that drunk :p

Quoted post[/post]]
Bleeeeh...

I could write up tech posts till my eyes are blue...they're still hazel :wink: .....but nobody wants old school tech...it's all about V-tec and turbo's nowdays.....

Everyone has forgot about their roots....where the power really comes from.....

get the wheels lighter than a basketball, tighten the frame up as much as possible, get the car as light as possible, get the smallest and lightest engine to pump out as much power as it can, have it corner the best it can, stop when it needs too...and the rest is on how the driver drives....more HP means you can only go fast streight...cuz when it comes to a corner...the light and nible will be ready exit the second corner when the powerful and heavy is at the first corner....and if they are even...then the best driver will be the victor. Most of the time, it's not the car thats fast..it's the driver. :wink:

The other sections in Hondaswap are important as well...

If a person has a bad day, then the Lounge is a good place to vent and receive moral support.
If a person has a problem with their life, they can always find other ways and/or support from the other :huh: guys and gals in the lounge.
If a person finds a good deal, then they will want to share the wealth to the others if they need it...and that can include any section of the full forum.
If a person is having a great day, then they will want to help others have the same. Visesa-versa.
Moral Support is the normal reason that people will post to help others. If I can help make a person smile..then I'm happy. If I made Bob smile when he needed it..then I felt happy. If I can help a person learn from my mistakes...Then my preaching might help someone else....and I'm sure others feel the same way.
If someone see's a car (other than honda or a strange honda that some people in some areas will never see) that others might have an interest in, then they will post it.
If someone will set up or open up their home to fellow members, or set up a meet, then that helps the locals to meet each others. I'm sure a few of my meets helped make a few freinds, but on the downside....I know they made a few enimies.
And who can't turn down bargains or free stuff that other local guys give away :wink:
We have a section that other cars are welcome and tech support for those other cars are always in consise and flame-free as possible.
Plus another section that shows off any car. New stuff or other accomplishment on something besides a honda is always welcome.

Now, maybe a section could be set aside for something that is not car related, or moral support related, maybe a section to show off real family(gf, bf, wife, husband, mom, dad, etc), new pets, house renovations, school choices and are open to all opinions, or flames.

There will always be people looking for technical support, and there will always be others looking for moral support. We are all guilty for looking for both supports. With the technical items...there is enough information located here on the website that they can find it with a few clicks....but to find love and compassion...they will have to just be here a while to or be someone who has a sad story or be known by another member. I am very pleased that we are not a site that will flame every newbie...and for that...I think thats the reason why I stay here all the time. We have became a big family, infact, I think I might go out on a limb here, but I kinda miss some of the posts from Martine, Ji, and anyone else that has been banned for a while...if they still have the same attitude after this long, then screw them, but if they want to join the HS family agian...then let them. If they fall out of line agian, then slap another ban on them. People are people, people do change, and sometimes..they change for the better. I do now have more repect for Ji because he did what most people fear doing, he joined the Air Force, and he is now our protector of freedom...and if anyone can give any technical advice..he was the one that spewed it out from the keyboard. I know how it is to be banned from a site, I'm still banned from ClubSi, just because one person didn't treat a freind I had the same way he treated other people....I stuck up for him, and I typed something stupid, and it got me banned..shit happens.

The real power...comes from people.

People have questions, and other people have answers.
People have problems, and other people has suggestions.
People have items they want to sale, and other people has money.
This board might have been set up as a place to get technical advice to problems, but some problems are deeper than cars or parts...we all need a place to vent or to ask for solutions to problems to other-than-car problems. We're all guilty for asking for said attention. :wink:

Love and Peace,
Clayton

And I wrote that drunk :p
:huh: damn that was long. decent points though

Airjockey...

You.....are my Hondaswap Hero.

Thank you. And everyone else, for everything. Even if people don't know it, and even when it doesn't get posted, this site helps someone, in some way, every single day. And that, my friends...is an incredible thing.

I :wub: Hondaswap!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Win a Free t-shirt and sticker AND $50 cash!
(yes, i'm working on getting them made!)

POST WHORING will not be tolerated. All posts must be reasonable responses and helpful.

On May 1st (or there abouts.... may 2nd is my b-day, and i might not be around), I will tally up the top 10 posters outside of the above forums.
I will then be going through each post, and taking out all crap/spam/smilie posts.

If necessary, I will dip into the 11th and 12th place as well.

From there, we will have a winner.

Does this mean you are going to not count posts like, "yeah, he's right" type posts. That's a lot of work if you are actually going to go through it all. :thumbsup: to HS and B.

yes, it will be a big pain in the ass.

but i'm hoping first place, after scouring through his posts, still has a higher post count than #2 so i can stop :p

current stats (non-pruned)

postcount author_name
64 Calesta
50 MikeBergy
44 get_nick
38 ripperbone
34 brian11to1
32 eg6sir
24 Blanco
24 VTECin5th
24 EGProject
23 reikoshea

update:

postcount author_name
216 Calesta
114 MikeBergy
91 VTECin5th
74 get_nick
71 reikoshea
60 mr.SI
59 Blanco
54 HatchSpeeD
53 eg6sir
51 ripperbone

mike stepped out to a huge lead--- but he's notorious for :thumbsup: and :werd: :werd: and :werd: posts. lol

also, t-shirts aren't made yet... nor are stickers so, you're going to have to wait :p but the winner will be getting a free set when they are in.

Quoted post[/post]]
update:

postcount author_name
216 Calesta
114 MikeBergy
91 VTECin5th
74 get_nick
71 reikoshea
60 mr.SI
59 Blanco
54 HatchSpeeD
53 eg6sir
51 ripperbone

mike stepped out to a huge lead--- but he's notorious for :thumbsup: and :werd: :werd: and :werd: posts. lol

also, t-shirts aren't made yet... nor are stickers so, you're going to have to wait :p but the winner will be getting a free set when they are in.

Those were all in non-counting areas though. :p

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh.

:calban: :calban: :calban: :calban: :calban: :calban: :calban: :calban:

Tentative results:

postcount author_name
219 Calesta
119 MikeBergy
105 VTECin5th
91 reikoshea
80 Blanco
75 get_nick
72 mr.SI
58 eg6sir
56 HatchSpeeD
55 wanderinman

I haven't scrubbed these numbers yet... but it's pretty safe to say that mike won the contest this month :p

Back