Are Cheaper Parts Good Too?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

T0mMuNi$m

I was lookin at pistons and rods today and found that eagle rods and srp pistons are a lot less expensive (where i found them) than Je pistons and crower rods. Would the eagle/srp combo still be a good combination? im going nitrous by the way.

Eagle rods are lighter than the Crower rods, but the Eagles are an "I" beam and the crower are "H" beam. Meaning the crowers are stronger, but the Eagles are the best for the price.

I dont know anything about srp pistons. What are you paying for the pistons? I would just pay the ~500 for some Endyn Roller Waves.

well actually, not all eagles are i beams, cuz i just put eagle h beams in my b18b with a set of srp 9.2:1 pistons, seems to run good with them and sounds good too

this is usually ALWAYS true, especially when it comes to quality car parts..

you get what you pay for. :D

Originally posted by civicb18@Jan 27 2003, 11:02 PM
well actually, not all eagles are i beams, cuz i just put eagle h beams in my b18b with a set of srp 9.2:1 pistons, seems to run good with them and sounds good too

Ok, i knew one is "h" and the other were "i" beams. So i got them backwards. :)

http://www.autoraceparts.com/ please take a look at this and tell me what you think....i was thinking about the srp pistons/eagle rods combo. Dont know specs however, any additional help will be appreciated. And Domeskilla, srp is a brand that JE makes. :worthy:

SRPs are good pistons but if you want to spray I would look at getting the JEs becuase they will hold A LOT more power to give you an idea from asking around SRPs with my motor setup should hold 20ish PSI the JEs should also hold 20PSI on top of spraying

if you want to be safe get the JEs trust me its worth spending the extra 50-200 bucks becuase if one SRP happens to go you wil have to rebuild the engine again and in the end spend MUCH MORE money in the end

if you can get away with running SRPs do it as they are much better for an everyday driver not as loud amd they don't burn oil like the JEs

I miss my SRPs all you heard was a nice light tick tick tick tick as the valves opened and closed

my JEs sound like crap "broken can opener" at every cold start clank clunk tink tick clunk clunk clank =)NASTY!
plus I always have to watch my oil level

SRPS NEVER burned ANY oil even while the engine was broke in I never once added oil

I check my oil level once to twice a week now with the JEs

Cool ill go with the JE's since im planning on a 100 shot, so i want absolutely no question on the power limit.
Thanks jeffie, but you have any experience with the eagle/crower rod power limit? With a 100 shot i dont know what i should get. The nitrous will be a ways off since in just building the bottom end and droppin the motor in. Then comes the head.

ROFL, i dont know how but to substitute je pistons for the srp pistons it is only $24.00 more. Pretty cool i think. :lol:

I remember it not being much more then my SRPs but that could have been a shop hookup I paid like 20 bucks more for my JE pistons BUT they are custom

as far as rods go I could not tell you since I've only run Eagle I have over boosted to 2.06Bar with no probelms with the eagle rods

Back