Attention All Zc Gurus!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dynamicauto11

Are there any other heads that will fit on a zc block? ive heard something about the SOHC VTEC head (like d16z6) fitting, but i wanted to verify it. i would really like to have DOHC VTEC, but dont know if it will work. Thanks for your time and help!

A SOHC VTEC head will probably fit on a SOHC ZC block, but that's about it. There aren't any other heads that you can put onto a DOHC ZC block easily, and you can't put a B series head onto a D series block.. so no DOHC VTEC D series there. Sorry man.

a sohc vtec is possible but its pointless kind of becasause of all the machining involed but the trade off is supple torque and horsepower from something not many have..one thing with this though u have to torque the head down about 10lbs more then what the chilton/haynes says..my friend learned the hard way

i heard that the zc head wont fit other d-series blocks so i figure a d-series head wont fit on the zc block.
why would you want to do this zc=130hp 106ft/lbs and sohc vtec=125hp 106 ft/lbs. and dohc is more tuneable.

Originally posted by rextec@Mar 13 2003, 12:50 AM
i heard that the zc head wont fit other d-series blocks so i figure a d-series head wont fit on the zc block.
why would you want to do this zc=130hp 106ft/lbs and sohc vtec=125hp 106 ft/lbs. and dohc is more tuneable.

Not necessarily. The DOHC might be easier to tune because it has two cams as opposed to one, but the aftermarket support for it SUCKS compared to the SOHC VTEC engines.

Back