Attention college students.. (or guys that like hot chicks)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

HSer in need of some combined wisdom, please chime in, a dumb idea might lead to a great one.

Some of you have seen my post for CampusVixen.com .So for various reasons, the website we are partnered with are not going to be able to push CampusVixen this upcoming spring (but for good reason which i'll get into at a later date).

Im at a cross roads here with how we want the site to go foward. We're gotten a great turn out and people who are actually ON the site are spending a LOT of time on it. Up to 30+ page views in some cases. (thats up there with myspace).

(btw we're in the final 4 of each school ;) check it out)

So our goal next semester is to have 70+ schools with 48 girls each in the competition (a very hefty ambition i know). Problem is this, im great at the technical but not much at the advertising/marketing. I need some serious ideas on how we can reach students at these schools (lets stick to the BCS schools for now the biggest of the biggest) with out actually stepping foot on the campus.

Here are some ideas I have so far. (money isnt scarce but semi limited)

1) Taking out ads on Facebook
2) Daily/weekly ads in school papers
3) Ads on the websites associated with the school papers (aka school papers online)
4) Promotions companies host parties in CampusVixens name, take all the proceeds but soley promote us.(little liability in this case, we can probably break even on this) we're putting together a test run for just this.
5) Hooking up with Frats/Sor somehow getting them to somehow push the name.
6) Clubs/Bars sponsored events etc.

Seriously guys if you can chime in, it would mean the world.

create a myspace account for CV.
give me the username/password
I'll run adderbot for you :)

when you have 10k friends, send around a bulletin :)

in your "about" section in the profiles, you spelled Messenger wrong. you have it as Messanger just to let ya know.

as far as advertising goes, what you listed sounds good to me. try those and see what happens

id stray from the club/bar stuff, atleast in this stage of your business. Those things can be costly and people arent going to come unless they get free shit and get to see some hot broads (just something to think about). College kids are the worst and hardest to market to, basically you need to go to them and give them something (incentive) and even then you might not see a good return on your investment.

myspace and facebook ads and accounts would be a good starting point, free, and pretty effective. Would school papers want a site like yours in their paper? Something tells me that the college wouldnt be too fond of it, then again, i could be wrong.

I dont know if this will help you now or in the future, but if you want to track who is viewing and where they are going signup for google analytics, its pretty easy and explains everything. Again, i dunno if this will help you, but its a good tool for the site itself.

create a myspace account for CV.
give me the username/password
I'll run adderbot for you :)

when you have 10k friends, send around a bulletin :)

should have mentioned.. do that currently www.myspace.com/campusvixen

Thanks for the spelling error, i'll take care of that.

Already have analytics on the site. Any ideas on how I can utilize it more? you mean enter and exit pages?

Here are some ideas I have so far. (money isnt scarce but semi limited)

1) Taking out ads on Facebook
2) Daily/weekly ads in school papers
3) Ads on the websites associated with the school papers (aka school papers online)
4) Promotions companies host parties in CampusVixens name, take all the proceeds but soley promote us.(little liability in this case, we can probably break even on this) we're putting together a test run for just this.
5) Hooking up with Frats/Sor somehow getting them to somehow push the name.
6) Clubs/Bars sponsored events etc.

Seriously guys if you can chime in, it would mean the world.
All the ideas show potential. Ads on Facebook would be see a lot considering how much the average student spends on that site everyday (I am one of them). I wouldn't waste time with school papers or things related to them. As stated before, schools might not be too thrilled about it and circulation of just about all of them suck. There is a reason why they are free. 4, 5, and 6 seem like great ideas. I'll actually be pm-ing you about 5. I think that would work great for both of us. You get promoted and we look more professional with "sponsorship". Plus my fraternity PRs the shit out of anything we do. And hooking up with a non-profit allows us to run PSAs with your name involved. If you didn't notice already, I'm a PR/Advertising major, haha.

PMed you back. Thanks for the ideas guys, keep them coming!

Back