Average Price for MicroPolish Crank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmtcrxsir

What is the average price for MicroPolish for the crank? I am located in California. I only need one journal to be micropolish because it is scruff up pretty bad. The rest of the journals looks pretty descent.

damn $100 for just micropolish? But i only need it for one journal only.

I guess the machine shop dont do just one journal. DO they?

I called around like 15 machine shops. And i found none that will micropolish cranks. WTF?!?!?! Anyone here knows any shops here in the bay area that will?

Originally posted by hmtcrxsir@Jul 8 2005, 04:12 PM
I called around like 15 machine shops. And i found none that will micropolish cranks. WTF?!?!?! Anyone here knows any shops here in the bay area that will?
[post=522901]Quoted post[/post]​

Call ModaCar in Dublin/Pleasanton they will know someone that will do it.

look up Dan Benson machine on google or something. I know he is in cali. He does really good work. Balance and micropolish for 150

Oh shit, you are in CA? Where?

If you are in the bay area.... Call Ron at Motorsport Techniques. He is the owner. Tell him that Shadney sent you. They build honda motors all day long and really know what they are doing. I didn't get my crank micropolished, but I did get it knife edged and nitrated. They are located in Hayward. The number is 510-783-8383.

PM if you want to know more....

P.S. - Modacar will definetly do it, but be prepared to pay out the ass, and no one there knows shit about Honda's except for Casey. And he's booked for like 3 months.....

Edit: I see you ARE in the bay area... Morgan's machine and Marine in walnut creek will do it, Joe's engine shop in Concord will do it, tri valley machine in pacheco will do it, motorsport in hayward and Modacar in dublin. There are 5 shops that will do it for you..... PM me and I'll get you a killer price.....

ModaCar is asking too much for a micropolish. Not to mention all their part/service is more expensive than others. But they have great service.

Back