b series wont start .vid inside .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How else would you explain that kind of drop in compression? Maybe a couple broken rings, ring lands, bent valves, cracked head or block, or head gasket. Either way your going to have to tear into the motor to solve the problem and diagnose it definitively.

I guess your right, i know he didnt add alot of oil when doing it but when i get there ill pull the head. He's not all that close to me so I have been trying to walk him though what to do to check different things.

before your friend swapped that engine did he hear it running, i think not.

Yep was running in another car from the guy he bought it from, even got to driver the car before pulling the motor.

what about the gas in the tank is that fresh?? petrol can go flat over long period of time , anyway just a thought. heard of that happing before.

Ok so i had him do one last test last night. I read somewhere you can check if the valves are bent by doing the below.

1. take valve cover off

2. get yourself a regular hammer

3. get yourself a 6" or 8" extension

4. you dont have to take the head off but you do
have to take the cam caps off to relieve pressure on valves

5. start anywhere that you can remember, the obvious easiest is on the corner of one side...

6. tape the end of the extension up nice but not all big just so it does not make scratches in surface from metal to metal

7. next take the extension in one hand and hold firmly but in place over one of the valves touching the top of the valve retainer.... then hit it with the hammer till you feel it bounce.... if it bounces and does not bounce back.... then it is bent....

He did all that and they all bounced back. Since I am now left scratching my head, I guess the only thing to do is pull the head. I am trying to get there today but who know.

With that compression reading I would think that you have some hard parts damaged in cylinders 3 and 4. Or possibly a blown headgasket between the two cylinders. I would agree that the next step is to pull the head and see what is damaged.

Fixed... there was alot wrong with it but no bent valves thank god. He didnt check everything he said he did. The dizzy was bad, injector in cyl was not shooting so once it did get started it was running on 3 cylinders. And one of the gaskets were bad. So fun times lmao. Thanks for all the help and input, people on this site were alot more helpful and willing to help then others.

Fixed... there was alot wrong with it but no bent valves thank god. He didnt check everything he said he did. The dizzy was bad, injector in cyl was not shooting so once it did get started it was running on 3 cylinders. And one of the gaskets were bad. So fun times lmao. Thanks for all the help and input, people on this site were alot more helpful and willing to help then others.

be jesus thats good news, thanks be ta god.

Back