B-swap mount question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fronomo

Ok, I currently have a d16y8 in my EJ8 and have some pretty nice innovative mounts. I am building an ls/vtec to swap into my car and have seen different things, some saying that the d-series mounts (or some of them) can be used for a b-series swap as well. Others tell me this isn't true. I figure this is a good place to ask. Can any of the d-series mounts be used in my swap?

You cannot use integra rear or drivers side mounts in 96-00 civics. Tranny mount will work fine. If you have innovative mounts then you can use a 94-01 integra drivers side mount i beleive. I have that mount and it basically converts the civic mount to the integra and eg civic design.

Yah, the EG and and the DC share the same chassis dimensions. The integra rear mount will not work in a 96-00. I recently ordered the rear mount from a 99 si to use in my EJ2 and it was far too short at the top. I had to order the DC2 rear mount.

just use ll the mount from a 99-00 civic si. thats what i used in my 96 EK hatch and it bolted up smoothly with no issues and yes you can use the 94-01 integra rear t bracket

99-00 SI rear L bracket
99-00 SI timing belt side motor mount bracket(bolts to the block with 2 studs sticking up)

Back