B16 Hydro / Clutch / axle problem? HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

big4

*1995 Civic B16 motor and tranny (non LSD)
I'm having a problem with moving my car, it doesn't move in any gear. I pulled out to go back to work from lunch and the car went bang (like I stalled). I tried to put it back into gear and go....nothing happened! I tried every gear nothing. I then put it up on blocks and put it in gear (not running) and tried spinning the tires...didn't spin like it was in a gear). in neutral it would spin. So I think it's not an axle. I then started it with the wheels up doesn't spin in any gears (the wheels that is). It goes into gears with out the clutch too easy. I hear the tranny spinning when it was up on jacks running in gear but no tires move. The rpms/speedo move too. So I pulled the clutch.....it looks brand new (only a year old). Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be? I hope it's not my tranny. Could it be the clutch master cylinder or etc. The clutch feels good to the foot. It feels normal! I'm worried it my tranny. Pls help. Thank you for your time in advance.

sounds like your tranny is shot

could be that one of them is jammed in the open position... but ive never seen that happen

they are cheap enough... try them first

my clutch is now going to the floor no pressure. I'm going to replace them both tomorrow. Just got it back together now.......this is getting old!!

Back