B16 into dc chassis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thevan

Hi all just a question about engne swaps.

I have a 1995 dc1 integra which used to be a twin carb zc 1.6 sohc . The car has now been converted to itbs and has a stand alone ecu. I know i can transfer the itbs over to a b16 just need new manifold but i want to know what parts i would need to put a b16 into a dc chassis. I dont want a b18 as i have alot of freinds with 2 litre cars and the thought keeping up with a 1.6 sounds to good to be true. The car has had alot of brake and chassis uprades and is in the paint shop right now. So the next thing will be the engine i really want to put a b16 in there. Any help would be great.

The B series and D/ZC series intakes are different bolt patterns so they wont work. You are better off imo to get 88-99 civc or a 90-94 teg for a B16 swap. Hasport can help you out with motor mounts and wiring ect. I would got with a GSR motor not the B16. The little 1.6L has not torque. I have a B18b1 lightly modded and I smash B16's. I am building a B16 head for my Ls block now though. The larger motors are a better way to go if you want to go NA. B16's are better for turbo IMO.

Last edited:
Back