b16 knocking sound

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

i was driving my car on the freeway the other day and top speed the car. then i drove to a gas station to get gas and it was the first i ever use 89 gas with the b16 in the car. i was driving okay until my car starting feeling like its pull back power. is this due to the 89 gas??? should i put 91 in with it?? i have more than half a tank left in the car. i dont want to drive it and blow it up if anything is wrong. need help asap!!!!1

93 or 94 is best.....89 will definately make the car feel shitty at very very high speeds and you can go lean....

i tried to put some gas booster in and it worked for a bit then it run shitty again. im just waiting till its on empty now and put 91 gas in. i hope the non chip p28 didnt hurt my motor too bad cause i was pushing it pretty hard. im using p30 now.

will bigger voltage wires work for the ecu??

Originally posted by allgo@Oct 21 2003, 06:46 AM
then i drove to a gas station to get gas and it was the first i ever use 89 gas with the b16 in the car.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ever notice on the gas door it says premium only? 89 octane isn't premium. use 91+... and yes, 93 and 94 work best if you can get it...top for me in Indiana is 93.

Premium ownz j00 and your Vtec. I'm surprised you haven't pinged the fuck outta the car yet.

My suggestion is to put another bottle of octane booster in it and pray you don't keep pinging.

you are probably detonating but i hope thats not the case...i could be wrong but with poor gas on a performance engine hurts a lot...good luck

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Oct 27 2003, 01:25 AM-->
@Oct 21 2003, 06:46 AM
then i drove to a gas station to get gas and it was the first i ever use 89 gas with the b16 in the car.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ever notice on the gas door it says premium only? 89 octane isn't premium. use 91+... and yes, 93 and 94 work best if you can get it...top for me in Indiana is 93.

Premium ownz j00 and your Vtec. I'm surprised you haven't pinged the fuck outta the car yet.

My suggestion is to put another bottle of octane booster in it and pray you don't keep pinging.

shit i ran 87 octane in my b18c1 when i first got it, and i didnt have any problems. i only started using 93 now cause once i tried it, it seemed to run a little stronger. but the 87 wasnt hurting it at all, no pinging, nothing. and i even took it all the way to 8200 rpms with no problems as well.

hahahaha. damn 87 gas and nothing happened, y would it make the b16 ping than?? can u use alot of gas booster in the car at once, mayb 3 or 4 bottle of it on tank???

Back