B16 OR B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chinamon

OKAY IF IM MISSTAKING DIDN'T A JDM DA HAS A B16 IN IT. OKAY IF I HAD A B18B1 NON VTEC AND BLOT A VTEC HEAD ON IS IT THE SAME AS A REGULAR VTEC ? .FUCK IT I SHOULD JUST SWAP MY COUSINS 98' TYPE R MOTOR AND DO A PORT AND POLISH HEAD JOB SLEAVE IT AND JUST JUCIE THE SHIT OUT OF IT WIT A 150 OR 75 SHOT . IF NOT WHAT SHOULD I DO TO THE B18B1 ? OR SHOULD I FUCK WIT THE B16?

first, you should STOP YELLING AT PEOPLE

second, you should think about things before you say them

third, i bet $20 you never do anything more to your car other than chrome wheels, window tint, and a fart can

get a life

ill be helpful.

You have a b18a1, you have a 90 Integra (right?). It has 130 hp and 121 TQ.

Your best bet would be to turbo it or put a b16/GSR head on it. A complete swap isn't necassary if you have a good motor.

Get a shorter geared tranny, b16/Type R/ GSR. They will make even the stock LS seem much quicker.

Like I said, I wouldn't reccomend a b16 in your car, but I have no experience with it because I never liked that motor.

If you can get a type R get it and build that instead.

you are a good man for helping him,
i have noticed a alot of newbs here latley who post 7-8 times (always dumb, unorganized ?'s) and then leave, i would like for them to leave sooner

im sure he'll be gone soon, but I figure might as well throw some useful info at him...not that he's gonna do it anyway.

but yea, it starts to bother me too, but I'm in a good mood today.

Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 12 2005, 10:21 AM
you are a good man for helping him,
i have noticed a alot of newbs here latley who post 7-8 times (always dumb, unorganized ?'s) and then leave, i would like for them to leave sooner
[post=459989]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah they leave because of people like you...always treating them like s**t....when I first got here to HONDASWAP.com, all i wanted to do is post one question and get the fu*k out of here, but now i cant seem to leave this site....My wife even hates me know, because all i do is get out of work and come strait to the pc to ,...you know where....hmm let me guess..HOndaswap.com...
everyday is the same sh*t...But you know what Im hooked....hmm...anyways....
Just be a little Nice'''er'''''''..to these NewB's and they'll probably stay here longer and probably even help you in a long run..I dont know...

sorry ..I've been drinking..... :blink:

all they have to do is speak proper english. that all and not ask questions like, will a type r yo fit in my crx fo sho? or i'll just use nozzzz on my stock shit yo. we all know that your not going to get help like that on here. there are other sites that will respond in there langauge (sp?) too.

lucky you, I'm at work, gotta wait till I get home to drink.

watermelon puckers+Bacardi PR Rum+Some fruit juice shit= :drool:

i apologize for being a dick

now if you clarify what you are asking i will give you whatever knowldge i have

Id say keep the motor you have now and boost it. You can put together a quality setup for the same price you would spend to to convert to a LS/Vtec and make alot more power.
All you need to do is SEARCH. Everyone has their own opinions on what is best to do, so look around and consider every option before you rush into anything. By doing the research you will be able to find out what suits your personal needs best, and maybe even learn something on the way ;)

(Helpful Post #2 in the thread :thumbsup: )

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Feb 12 2005, 12:10 PM
lucky you, I'm at work, gotta wait till I get home to drink.

watermelon puckers+Bacardi PR Rum+Some fruit juice shit= :drool:
[post=460012]Quoted post[/post]​

Ohhh.. and can you beleive it was early in the morning when i was drinking..
I started drinking @ 9am....wow Thats fu**ing early....dont you think...but hey..Have to have beer while building these engines....

i have a b16a1 in my 90 da hatch

i have alot more power than what my b18a1 was like ..its notthing great but if you want to save money its def worth it i think

a b16 in a hatch will feel a lot different than a b16 in a DA. Hell a SOHC in a hatch will take a b18a1 DA out easily.

I still say keep the b18a1...plenty of options.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 12 2005, 09:30 AM
C'mon guys- everyone was a n00b at some point. Try to be nice. If you can't, don't post.
[post=460042]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: it seems like some people wanna be assholes to all the noobies...if when all of you first logged on to honda swap and everyone was an ass to you...would u have stayed? If u dont have nothing nice to say dont say nothing at all....

Back