B16 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ive gotten almost all the parts needed for my b16 in my 88 crx dx, all i need now is the 90 integra throttle cable, does anyone know where I can buy this? Ive check autozone/advance/carquest and also a local honda dealership and he said he couldnt get it because he doesnt have an acura parts book, does anyone know where i can find this throttle cable besides a junk yard? This is the last major part that I need, or is there a way I can still use the dx throttle cable?
 
I got mine from a dealer. You could check hondaautomotiveparts.com for the part # and give it to the person @ your dealer....or just order it online. Its not a big deal, and you'd probably save some money going to a junk yard and finding one.
 
Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jun 8 2005, 01:36 PM
Ive gotten almost all the parts needed for my b16 in my 88 crx dx, all i need now is the 90 integra throttle cable, does anyone know where I can buy this? Ive check autozone/advance/carquest and also a local honda dealership and he said he couldnt get it because he doesnt have an acura parts book, does anyone know where i can find this throttle cable besides a junk yard? This is the last major part that I need, or is there a way I can still use the dx throttle cable?
[post=509717]Quoted post[/post]​


you could make a custom throttle calbe bracket for the intake manifold. otherwise you need to use the teg cable cause the CRX is too short.
 
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/ for genuine acura parts. i couldn't find the throttle cable in there though, maybe you'll have better luck. if not, call them up and ask them for it. you'll also probably get a better deal ordering it from them rather than your local dealer.
 
you can use the throttle cable from youre dx, ef9civicgen4 did so. its looks tacky, but works. otherwise, call acura in your area and request the part.
 

ripperbone

Rest In Peace
Originally posted by CoreyR@Jun 8 2005, 10:00 PM

you could make a custom throttle calbe bracket for the intake manifold. otherwise you need to use the teg cable cause the CRX is too short.
[post=509972]Quoted post[/post]​

it's not to short.
heres a picture of mine, you can kinda see it, but I have plenty of room to spare on my throttle cable. also I have a modified throttle cable bracket
gallery_36382_304_147136.jpg
 

ripperbone

Rest In Peace
my cable is too long, so that why I have it routed around the master cyl. I have another bracket that I was working on, let me finish it and I hit you up so I can send it your way
 
Alright man, thanks, I saw that someone else had wrapped the cable around the master cyl then to the throttle body, but that sounds great, let me know asap, as my engine harness has been shipped out from rywire and should be here by the end of next week.
 

ripperbone

Rest In Peace
Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jun 10 2005, 12:24 PM
Alright man, thanks, I saw that someone else had wrapped the cable around the master cyl then to the throttle body, but that sounds great, let me know asap, as my engine harness has been shipped out from rywire and should be here by the end of next week.
[post=510727]Quoted post[/post]​

i will finish the bracket this weekend.
 
Top