B16a Head Differences (have 2 Is One Better)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
I've had a B16A1 in my CRX for 2 years now, done all the work myself and know them like the back of my hand.(well almost:) Anyhow, I just purchased another B16A1 head on Ebay from a guy in Montreal, Canada (AY!). When I was ripping it apart to replace the valve train, I realized that it beared the mark "PR3-4". I cross-referenced it with my original B16 head and I reads "PR3-1". I know this is probably something real cheesy and unimportant, but I want to know if anyone know the differences in the numbers and what they mean. The only reason I ask is the fact they made a CRX in Canada with a B16a as well as Europe and Japan. I want to know if there are any differences between the Head (ie power,valve size, flow, etc.) or if the number difference is only for the region is was produced for.

You are correct. The numbers are just casting numbers for which plant they were made at. For the most part there is no difference unless the second head you got is from an SIR-2

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Mar 24 2003, 07:05 PM
You are correct. The numbers are just casting numbers for which plant they were made at. For the most part there is no difference unless the second head you got is from an SIR-2

they are both the same :spin:

Back