B16a longblock into a 97civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicspeed

I am looking at purchasing a B16A longblock and swapping it into my 97 civic coupe. I can get either obd0 or obd1 for the same price. what I am wondering is how difficult it is to switch from either obd0 or obd1 to obdII which is what my car is if i am not mistaken. Also how much would it cost to do this switch?

I am also curious as to what would be the best tranny to use with this engine.

And finally what other miscelaneous parts will i need in order to make this swap work?

Thanks

--Aidan

Just save yourself the troubles and get the complete OBD II swap for your car. www.hmotorsonline.com is a good spot to pick it up.

But you need the OBD II intake manifold (to make life easier) and the tranny, axles, shiftlinkage, OBD II distributor, and ECU (also easier if OBD II)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 7 2003, 07:04 AM
Just save yourself the troubles and get the complete OBD II swap for your car. www.hmotorsonline.com is a good spot to pick it up.

But you need the OBD II intake manifold (to make life easier) and the tranny, axles, shiftlinkage, OBD II distributor, and ECU (also easier if OBD II)

:werd:

just get yourself an OBDII B16A2 and make life for yourself easier. and you may need to run a P30(96-97 Del Sol Vtec) OBDII ECU cuz the 99-00 Si ecu is OBDIIb and i don't think it plugs up right.

The thing is that i dont have all that much money. I can get a b16A longblock for 650 and then buy a trannie and everything else i need as i get the money.

But maby i would spend more making the obd's match up?

--Aidan

Originally posted by civicspeed@Oct 8 2003, 02:58 AM
But maby i would spend more making the obd's match up?

--Aidan

Turns out that way most of the time.

Back