b16a sirII into civic93 ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

i have a 93 civic ex and i am ordering a b16a sirII and i was wondering what wiring issues i might come across? any info would help

obd1 car with an obd1 engine you should be fine all you need to do is unplug the shock tower plugs from the d series and plug in the b series shock tower plugs and you should be good all you need to do is wire the vtec wires and you are good to go

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Feb 24 2005, 05:27 AM
all you need to do is unplug the shock tower plugs from the d series and plug in the b series shock tower plugs and you should be good all you need to do is wire the vtec wires and you are good to go
[post=465465]Quoted post[/post]​

Not unless he gets a USDM B16A3. JDM motors have backwards wiring harness's, and require you to use your USDM one.

But since you have an EX, you won't even have to bother with vtec, since you're wired for it, only the knock sensor will need to be added.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 26 2005, 10:28 AM-->
civiclxb16
@Feb 24 2005, 05:27 AM
all you need to do is unplug the shock tower plugs from the d series and plug in the b series shock tower plugs and you should be good all you need to do is wire the vtec wires and you are good to go
[post=465465]Quoted post[/post]​

Not unless he gets a USDM B16A3. JDM motors have backwards wiring harness's, and require you to use your USDM one.

But since you have an EX, you won't even have to bother with vtec, since you're wired for it, only the knock sensor will need to be added.
[post=466498]Quoted post[/post]​

cool. thanks guys. i have the motor almost out. taking my time to check eveything out. but one question will i need to run one wire from the knock sensor to the ecu? or what if i got a chip and had that installed. they say it get rid of the knock sensor signal altogether. what would be better?

Originally posted by friz@Feb 27 2005, 03:44 PM
My suggestion would be to get everything working well stock, then go for mods.
[post=466832]Quoted post[/post]​

cool, thanks for all the help.

Back