b16a/y21 Tranny aftermarket LSD FD problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skretn

Just nearing the end of an epic 6th Gen b16a/y21 swap, only to find out that the differential in my swap has so much play on the RH output shaft that it drools fluid as soon as the shaft spins. So, I figured this is a great time to replace the OEM differential with an LSD... Received an LSD ( OBX for ITR ) as a gift.

Excited to swap in my new LSD and actually drive my hybrid, I pulled apart the Y21, only to find that the final/ring gear is too small to bolt on. They're both the 10 bolt pattern, but the inside diameter of the OEM ring is about 12mm (1/2") too small for the LSD (which otherwise fits perfectly in the case).

I've done a little research, and it seems that there may be a 4.4 ring out there that will fit, but I'm unclear about how to proceed. Should I just bite the bullet and look for an OEM LSD for the Y21 and forget about looking for another final/ring?:huh:

you are having a problem putting your final drive onto the new lsd? that would be typical of obx. . . shit doesn't fit most of the time with them
I would try to find either a shop who will trade your lsd for the right one (presuming your lsd is new. . .) or just buy a new one.

Back