b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

New2hondas

Hello. I am considering starting my first honda project. Car is a 95 del sol with 1.5 automatic. I was practically given a b16a with manual tranny (cable). The car is SLOW, but have to drive it because wife is pregnant and she's driving jeep. Not looking for drag car (have camaro for that). I just need it quicker maybe 13.0-13.5 range. Thinking of turbo.
After doing some research, I have found that there are several problems that I will face-- distributor, obd0 vs 1, injectors, cable vs hydraulic transmission, etc.
I already have pedal assembly w/ clutch master and an aftermarket intake (aebs type r knock off). I have or have access to any tool needed including chasis dyno. My question is it worth the hassles and are my expectations realistic?
If so, can you all steer me in the right direction for more info or give me any helpful hints. also best turbos?

Thanks for the help,
New2hondas (matt)

IMO, no.

i'd sell the motor you have and pick up an SiR2 or one from a del sol vtec that is obd1 and is hydrolic.

then, the only thing you really have to worry about is the auto-> manual conversion.

Back