b16a1 in 93 cx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93cxhatch

I have gone over the wiring and everything seems to be fine. Is there some way for me to check for cels? I have a chipped p28. The motor is idleing at 1,000-1,100 rpm and keeps pulsating between 1,000 and 1,100 after it warms up. It runs fine when it starts but it still idles at 1,000 when I start it. Is this a timing issue???? When I hit the gas there is lag before it decides to accelerate and when it does it sounds bubbly and one time it backfired. Any ideas would be great. THanks.

same here,i had idleing problems but it end up being the timing, i installed aem cam gears and got the timing wrong...i also have a chipped p28, but after i fixed the timing it idle fine...check your timing marks...
hope this helps... :D

Stuff done: b16a1 w/ a 95 gsr hydro tranny, dc sports header, findanza streetlite flywheel, stage one clutchmasters setup, custom tuned and chipped p28 ecu, obx 10.8mm spark plug wires, ngk iridium spark plugs, new timing belt, water pump and tensioner. My wiring is from a 93 si civic. Distributor and fuel injectors from a 94 gsr. I bought a 99 civic si throttle cable and it doesn't fit, So I need to get one from an ls.
Thanks for the help I will start checking that stuff out.

what half shaft did you use with your b16a with hydro gsr???just checking, i'm going to lose my j1 tranny for a jdm type r unit....and need to know what shaft to use ...

thanx bro.

dam you got it to fit you are lucky i couldn't get it to work for me so i changed it all

just that it fit in your hub for some reason i couldn't get mine to fit in my hub for the life of me and also the passenger side was too short!

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jan 20 2005, 07:43 AM
just that it fit in your hub for some reason i couldn't get mine to fit in my hub for the life of me and also the passenger side was too short!
[post=448562]Quoted post[/post]​

That seems weird because mine just went right in. Maybe I will have problems later???

OK in response to checking the cels I have no wires or connector that I can plug in to someone hacked the wiring in the car and I can't find it anywhere. I had to move this last week so this was the first time I was able to look at it. I had to tow my car. Anyway as soon as my tools show up I am going to start working on my timing, hopefully that solves the problem otherwise I have no idea what I am going to do about the reading the cels.

Yeah I did, but I don't have those wires so there's no way for me to check the cels. I think the guy before me hacked em out or something.

hmm that is wierd when you take your glove box off is there a big green rubber there? if so the plug is in there because i can't see the wiring harness being cut there because that is crazy if not try to find the wires that would go there normally

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jan 30 2005, 01:55 AM
hmm that is wierd when you take your glove box off is there a big green rubber there? if so the plug is in there because i can't see the wiring harness being cut there because that is crazy if not try to find the wires that would go there normally
[post=453302]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow inside the green plug, eh? now I feel dumb. I had to rewire a bunch of shit to the ecu because someone had hacked it and then but connected all of it back with butt connectors. Thanks alot man, I'll try and figure it out then.

OK I got code 14 which is the idle air control valve, would this explain the bad idle after 30 seconds of the motor being on??? Which one should I have on my car if I have a b16a1 in a 93 hatch????

Back