B16a1 Motor Swap Into 91' Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

robthievez

hey...whats up? i am thinkin about swapin my teggy motor out to a b16a1 motor, but i have no idea where to begin...i have an idea on where to get the motor, but no idea on where to swap it...if u have n e info for me...help me out...thanks---rob

its really not worth it in that car.... just swap the head onto your B18.... keep the torque, get the VTEC, youll be happier with this setup

(unless your in Cali... then you cant do a head swap :( )

yea, cool...thanks swap god...i am just gonna get the long block...for like 500 bucks...cuz it should just bolt on to my teggy tranny...yea, i am in cali...but i am gonna get my car smogged b4 i swap it...then i will be good to go for 2 years...

The B16a is agood powerplant for the DA chassis. Thats why Honda put it in the 89-92 XSi and RSi Itegra in japan. I have a first gn B16's wit simple bolt on's and i've beatten G3 GSR's with this set up and i am very happy. If yo have an questions about the swap just ask me but you do need a J1, YS1, or S1 trany with this motor if noyou won't be happy with the LS trany and the B16 it wil fal out of VTEC every time youshift even when yu shift it at 8,000 rmp's. I did a J1 swap into my fred's 90 Integra LS with a B17 today. The car moves with the B17 and te B16 trany i can't wait to race hm and see what happens.

why not build up bottom end and get a si or gsr head and go lsvtec? you have the block already, just a suggestion...

Because you can't smog it legally.

Beaten the B18C1?? I'll believe that if you are boosted or they can't drive. The C1 has much more torque than the B16. I would say that it is not a good power plant for the DA, because it only lasted 2 years in Japan. Then they went to the 1.8l engine.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 16 2003, 12:57 PM
Because you can't smog it legally.

Beaten the B18C1?? I'll believe that if you are boosted or they can't drive. The C1 has much more torque than the B16. I would say that it is not a good power plant for the DA, because it only lasted 2 years in Japan. Then they went to the 1.8l engine.

Corection my frend the Da was only avalible 89-92 in japan and all XSi's and RSi's came with a B16 engine the lower trim levels got a ZC SOCH engine.

Okay, so it was there 3 years, big deal. How many years did the B18C run? At least 7. They dropped the B16 for the B18C because the B16 is a torqueless wonder.

Back