b16a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDA_F1

alright im noticing that theres usaly a small ammout of oil below the distributor the vtec oil presure switch and solenoid about 3in down ..below the upper rad hose where there is flat metal theres usaly a small ammout of oil? where could this be comming from?

the solenoid... mine was doing this too... make sure that the valve cover seals nice and tight, and that all the bolts are tight there by the solenoid.

it pools right on the head gasket... right? it's either that or your head is slightly warped.

also seams like dohc vtecs
leak out of the factory cam seal replace with one from a place like str make sure the after market ones heve o ring seals then put a little honda bond around the o rings works good :doh:

well, tell that to the guy who had the motor before me. once i took that sucker apart and did the valves and all that, i replaced the head gasket, all the seals, and i used enough hondabond... cuz, it doesn't leak now. so there. :p

hehehe

what did you do to the valves exactly?

and use big motor words to feed my fantasy :)
lol

but seriously? did you send the head out? or just do valve seals? or did you relap them?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 31 2005, 12:18 PM
what did you do to the valves exactly?

and use big motor words to feed my fantasy :)
lol

but seriously? did you send the head out? or just do valve seals? or did you relap them?
[post=453886]Quoted post[/post]​

well, i fucked the head over. somehow a part of the distributor came loose, the timing jumped 2 teeth on the gears... the car just shut down... somehow the cam got knocked to the side... and since the car died, but motor kept going, i bent 5 valves pretty badly. they took the cam and looked under the scope. it had a 6 inch hairline fracture in it... so that was crap. they noticed the head was warped... pretty badly.

so, he decided to fix it. a tow truck rolled up to the shop, on the back, an ITR that was hit in the rear. so, he took the valves, valve springs, and retainers... (valvetrain) :D and installed that. ported the head, mildly polished it, and replaced the intake cam. i borrowed a distributor from mike (B16 - i must have about 4 parts from his del sol on my car), and replaced the timing belt.... now she runs like a god damn phoenix. that motor has come back from the dead already... over 3 times. it's a damn cat. i got 6 lives left.

alright umm i think im getting a little worried,
im not sure but ill double check tommrow

i think my car is making too much white smoke which means im burning coolent right?

which would mean its a headgasket problem......

i think the smoke goes away

Back