b16a2 into 93 cx wiring questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TWISTEDIMAGE

obd 2 b16a2
into obd 1 1993 civic cx wiring questions
what to do

dont need 4 wire o2 having custom computer made to run it

should i splice the obd2 injector and distributor plugs to my obd1 harness and call it good

guy i bought the motor from says the wire harnees is from integra

so ilooked at the harness and it has the obd2 fuel inj plugs and dizzy plugs but it looks like it will plug into my shock tower plugs then all i would have to wire is vtec vtec pressure

looks like the harness is off an obd2 ls motor but it is not the normal obd2 harness that runs inside the car to the computer please help i thought i new what the fuck i was doing now i am just lost

if the harness goes to shock towers than its obd 1.

easy way to tell.. look at your alternator plug, is it round and green?? its obd 1!

who the hell knows what is on the harness.

use yours. you know it works.

cut off the injctors, altenator, and distributor plugs, and paste the obd2 plugs from the harness onto you cx's.

as for your special computer thinggee.... i would HIGHLY recommend you run a 4-wire. that, and all good ems systems use a heated o2 circuit. so chances are you're looking to run a POS.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 8 2005, 12:17 PM
who the hell knows what is on the harness.

use yours. you know it works.

cut off the injctors, altenator, and distributor plugs, and paste the obd2 plugs from the harness onto you cx's.

as for your special computer thinggee.... i would HIGHLY recommend you run a 4-wire. that, and all good ems systems use a heated o2 circuit. so chances are you're looking to run a POS.
[post=470625]Quoted post[/post]​

nfn15037 (matt) is the one programing the computer he said that some people on the bord have alredy got it and its sounds ok to me we will see thanks brian

oh, so its a chip that matt is making that disables the heater? ok...

but i would still use a 4-wire and a regular program. the car warms up better that way too :)

Originally posted by deth101@Mar 8 2005, 09:51 PM
just for the record a obd2 integra harness will plug into a obd1 civic shock towers and work.
[post=470911]Quoted post[/post]​

no shit? i did not know that are you sure i keep looking at it and it looks like obd 1 wire harness has green alt plug and has the new 1 plug dizzy and newer style inj plugs but i swear that it will plug to my shock tower just not sure and when i look at the harness it does not apper to be spliced by dizzy or by inj

so if this is obd2 int harnees will it plug to cx wiring and work ok or will i have to switch wire locations

because it is obd2 and my car is obd1 ?

so many questions

maybe i miss read it but you said that the obd2 integra shock tower plugs into the obd1 civic harness. here is the only problem the obd2 civic doesn't have shock tower plugs..

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Mar 9 2005, 12:14 AM
maybe i miss read it but you said that the obd2 integra shock tower plugs into the obd1 civic harness. here is the only problem the obd2 civic doesn't have shock tower plugs..
[post=471004]Quoted post[/post]​

I said the OBD2 integra harness plugs into the 92-95 civic shock towers and yes works fine.
My b16a2 out of a 00si with a 98 gsr harness plugged right into my 95 dx shocktowers and works beautifuly.I still had to wire my vtec and knock and use a obd1 ecu to properly run the b16 but as far as wiring this was the easiest way by far and I didnt have to put a bunch of old obd1 parts on my obd2 motor so I believe I saved money also.

TWISTEDIMAGE,yes the integra harness will plugin and work fine as far as the shock towers go.I bought a 98 gsr harness off egay for 100 after allmotormonster assured me that it would be the easiest way to use this engine,he also reprogrammed a p72 for me,and he was very right,no codes or bullshit at all,plug-n-play.

can it be true the wiring is plugable but what about the locations of the wiring as far as pin assignment are they the same this thing has a harnees that appers to plug into schock towers

you know what screw it a am gonna just use my cx and chage dizzy plug and inj plugs this all just sucks

i would hate to throw it in and then find out that the harness is wrong and blow a bunch of shit up

Originally posted by deth101@Mar 9 2005, 04:03 PM
TWISTEDIMAGE,yes the integra harness will plugin and work fine as far as the shock towers go.I bought a 98 gsr harness off egay for 100 after allmotormonster assured me that it would be the easiest way to use this engine,he also reprogrammed a p72 for me,and he was very right,no codes or bullshit at all,plug-n-play.
[post=471282]Quoted post[/post]​

No it will not obd2 civic do not have shock tower plugs like the 92-95 civic you have to take the wiring harness out from under the battery in the engine bay and use your obd2 harness from there the integra had a sub harness and the engine bay harness. for all the obd2 civics i have worked on i have only seen one shock tower cannon plug and that is on the driver side. that is the only one and you unplug it but you plug it right back it. take if from me i have done 5 obd2a and one obd2b swaps and there is no shock tower plug that you can unplug and swap in the integra harness in or an obd1 harness into it.

Originally posted by civiclxb16+Mar 10 2005, 09:34 AM-->
@Mar 9 2005, 04:03 PM
[post=471282]Quoted post[/post]​

No it will not obd2 civic do not have shock tower plugs like the 92-95 civic you have to take the wiring harness out from under the battery in the engine bay and use your obd2 harness from there the integra had a sub harness and the engine bay harness. for all the obd2 civics i have worked on i have only seen one shock tower cannon plug and that is on the driver side. that is the only one and you unplug it but you plug it right back it. take if from me i have done 5 obd2a and one obd2b swaps and there is no shock tower plug that you can unplug and swap in the integra harness in or an obd1 harness into it.
[post=471614]Quoted post[/post]​

ummm.He has an OBD1 civic so yes it will work,read his first post,its a 1993 cx,not OBD2.

EDIT: and yes all the pin locations should be the same.

wasnt trying to give you crap I just didnt want to confuse him,I spent a couple of weeks assuring another guy it works fine ,I think its just easier than changing parts and also usually looks cleaner than a hacked harness.

i am mecp certified stereo installer so no hacked harness for me i know what sollder is and what wire loom looks like so my herness usually looks better then stock

thanks for the help everyone

Back