B16ainto 92cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4 things left and I should get my hatch runnin'.

The rear motor mount does not mount onto the engine. I was told that the OEM mount from my car would work. What should I get? Honda oem preferably

What throttle cable should I use? The one that was on the SI-R 2 was cut off and the CX is not long enough.

There are 2 hose outlet from the engine that I dont know what to do with them. I think there heater hoses?

This is my set up:
94 sir2
95 gsr tranny, flywheel, clutch
95 ex wiring, p28 ecu (I plan to tune it later or buy a p30)

Your opinions and info will help me alot. :worthy:

this is my first time swapping a JDM motor.

Originally posted by civichbgsr@May 29 2003, 12:46 PM
There are 2 hose outlet from the engine that I dont know what to do with them. I think there heater hoses?

you are going to have to be a little more specific with this one. Where are these hoses? Can you get a pic?

Maybe I am on crack, but my civics rear mount and the one I got with my 93 B16A(2), were exactly the same.

When you say the throttle cable isn't long enough, do you mean it doesn't reach the throttle? Mine reached, but the bracket was in the wrong spot and I ziptied it to the bracket, works good enough till I can get to the junkyard.Anyway a LS will work.

As far as the hoses coming off the engine, they could be coolant or heater hoses, maybe a location relevent to someother part or a pic.

i had not thought about zip tying it. the integra mount woul bolt on to the gsr tranny, right? ill try to get the pics in tomorow.

Thanks for the help
:D :D

use a 94-01 LS throttle cable. a gsr won't fit right due to the differen't intake manifold design.
the civic and the teg rear mounts are identical. i don't know why you are having problems. only thing i can think of is one of your other mounts is wrong, and its throwing it off.

is the p28 chipped? if not, don't take it high into vtec. like 5000 tops. the mappings are not right.

kenji makes great chipped P28's but you will need something to tune it with if you want more than 10mpg (most chipped ECUs are like that.. they run rich as fuck)
or if you plan to run hondata ... you can get the P28 from them with your S200 or whatever you decide to run

Do I need to send my p28 or will I receive the chip through mail? I went to the hondata site and it didnt specify.

when i did the same swap you did i got a 94+ integra throttle cable and bracket. i ended up using the bracket from my old engine and flipping it 180 degrees around so i could properly tighten the cable. but the problem was that the cable attatches to the pedal differently than my cx cable. i was told that a 2nd gen integra cable or a del sol vtec will solve the problem. as of now i just have it pull-tied to the pedal bracket.

buy the hondata s200 and use your p28.. if you are handy at all with a soldering iron then you can chip it yourself.

the 2 hose outlets was that U that goes for the block to the head
Ill keep u posted for the results'

Back