b18a1 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blacksheep115

My idea is to build a block from scatch, i can get a b18a1 block for 100 bucks. I was wondering if it would be possible to build it decently to a 98 civic ex. Or if it would be that much better to get a b18b or b18c block. Also i'm thinking all b series tranny's can bolt to any bseries motor. So does that mean the cable b18a can take a hydralic b18b/c tranny? And can this block still be wired for v-tech for a ls/vtech engine.

thanks
justin

you want to build a block from scratch, but you dont know how to spell vtec? or basic b series compatability? or that ls/vtec is more than wiring? and that wiring is not in the block? i wish you a lot of luck, you're really, really gonna need it.

you're gonna build yourself a problem. I say save the money, and get a complete B18B and start from there. It's only like 800 for a b18b these days. Yes cable and hydro trannys will bolt up, it's which car it is going to. I stick with a hydro tranny in a hydro car and cable tranny in a cable car. I have seen many ls that breaks into 10. it's all about money. or just save more and get a GSR, turbo and call it good. Best things comes to those who wait.

Back