b18a1 in 91 crx si..need help with wiring....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xiong221

this questions probably been asked many times...but we just got done putting the motor in the car and i know there's some re=wiring i have to do..but i cant find anything anywhere...

its a 90-93 ls and we're running the pr4 ecu with it and it's got the stock si wiring harness on it. any help would be great..........

There are several major plugs: Map sensor ( on top of throttlee body), TPS (on the back of throttle body), IAC Idle air Control plug (the plug is located on the bottom of the IAC which is on the back of the intake maniford), Iginition plug ( On the distributor), and the O2 (located on the downpipe). I think the layout of the wire harness should be in place with most of the sensors. You can easily mistake the TPS and Map sensor plug, but you can switch them as you go. Also, the IAC plug is easily mistaken as well. If you plug the IAC wrong, check engine will come on and your car will run very crappy. O2 sensor is easy to match, the plug has four wires.

some other plugs: VSS Vehicle speed sensor ( located on top/back of the tranny), Tranny sensor (in front of the tranny), oil pressure sensor (located on the back of the block), ECT engine cooling temperature ( located on the end of the coolant/anti-freeze black pipe on the back of the block), Cooling temperature sending unit ( located on beneath of the distrubitor) it is use for the temperature gauge, and some other air sensor plugs on the intake maniford. I don't know how to discribe which one is which, but the wire harness layout should help you determine it, i hope.

I can't see the inside of my engine bay, but i just wrote everything according to what i remember, so i hope that helps you out a little bit.

obd0 ecu = obd0 wire harness

Originally posted by doubleE@Jul 27 2005, 10:46 PM
There are several major plugs: Map sensor ( on top of throttlee body), TPS (on the back of throttle body), IAC Idle air Control plug (the plug is located on the bottom of the IAC which is on the back of the intake maniford), Iginition plug ( On the distributor), and the O2 (located on the downpipe). I think the layout of the wire harness should be in place with most of the sensors. You can easily mistake the TPS and Map sensor plug, but you can switch them as you go. Also, the IAC plug is easily mistaken as well. If you plug the IAC wrong, check engine will come on and your car will run very crappy. O2 sensor is easy to match, the plug has four wires.

some other plugs: VSS Vehicle speed sensor ( located on top/back of the tranny), Tranny sensor (in front of the tranny), oil pressure sensor (located on the back of the block), ECT engine cooling temperature ( located on the end of the coolant/anti-freeze black pipe on the back of the block), Cooling temperature sending unit ( located on beneath of the distrubitor) it is use for the temperature gauge, and some other air sensor plugs on the intake maniford. I don't know how to discribe which one is which, but the wire harness layout should help you determine it, i hope.

I can't see the inside of my engine bay, but i just wrote everything according to what i remember, so i hope that helps you out a little bit.

obd0 ecu = obd0 wire harness
[post=532191]Quoted post[/post]​

SO ARE THOSE ALL THE SENSORS I HAVE TO REWIRE TO THE ECU???? RIGHT NOW ITS THROWING CODE 15 AND 6.........

I think he was trying to name every sensor on the motor.

the only plug I had to change on my harness (b18a1 into 90 si) was the EACV.
Everything else hooked right up.

CODES:

15- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
90-95 88-95 n/a 88-91 93-95 95 88-95
Ignition Output Signal
missing or defective ignition output signal

6- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
ECT Sensor (Engine Coolant Temperature)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

I think everything should hook right up. Like i mentioned it before, your wire harness layout should make the sensors on the motor. The sensors that i mentioned are the only sensors. I think i'm missing some sensors, but they're minor ones only. If you're running an obd0 wire harness, than everything should hook right up because your motor is obd0 as well.

Keep in mind that obd1 distributor plug won't fit obd0 wire harness and vice versa.
sorry, i can't provide any diagrams of graphs to show you where the wires and plugs go.

Originally posted by doubleE@Jul 29 2005, 03:58 PM
I think everything should hook right up. Like i mentioned it before, your wire harness layout should make the sensors on the motor. The sensors that i mentioned are the only sensors. I think i'm missing some sensors, but they're minor ones only. If you're running an obd0 wire harness, than everything should hook right up because your motor is obd0 as well.

Keep in mind that obd1 distributor plug won't fit obd0 wire harness and vice versa.
sorry, i can't provide any diagrams of graphs to show you where the wires and plugs go.
[post=533062]Quoted post[/post]​

May I translate?

Everything should hook right up. The harness will fit the motor. I like the word sensor so i say sensor alot. sensor? sensor! I'm a dumbass for thinking that there are "minor" sensors. sensor.

An obd1 harness doesn't fit an obd0 motor. Thought I would throw that in, read it somewhere.

I don't have diagrams of graphs. nope.

:wallbash:

so everything should just plug up and run?? maybe it's just the distributor that is bad then cuz the car doesn't have any spark. i'll go check everything over again. thanx guys.

Originally posted by phyregod+Jul 29 2005, 01:28 PM-->
@Jul 29 2005, 03:58 PM
I think everything should hook right up.  Like i mentioned it before, your wire harness layout should make the sensors on the motor.  The sensors that i mentioned are the only sensors.  I think i'm missing some sensors, but they're minor ones only.  If you're running an obd0 wire harness, than everything should hook right up because your motor is obd0 as well. 

May I translate?

Everything should hook right up. The harness will fit the motor. I like the word sensor so i say sensor alot. sensor? sensor! I'm a dumbass for thinking that there are "minor" sensors. sensor.

An obd1 harness doesn't fit an obd0 motor. Thought I would throw that in, read it somewhere.

[post=533081]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe you're "toooo" smart to understand what i meant... you don't need all the sensors to start your car, but you do need them to make it run correctly. what i told him were the sensors that he needed to start his car.. dumb fuck..

if you know so much, how come you didn't say anything, huh genius?

Originally posted by doubleE+Aug 16 2005, 11:51 PM-->
Originally posted by phyregod@Jul 29 2005, 01:28 PM
doubleE
@Jul 29 2005, 03:58 PM
I think everything should hook right up.  Like i mentioned it before, your wire harness layout should make the sensors on the motor.  The sensors that i mentioned are the only sensors.  I think i'm missing some sensors, but they're minor ones only.  If you're running an obd0 wire harness, than everything should hook right up because your motor is obd0 as well. 

May I translate?

[post=533081]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe you're "toooo" smart to understand what i meant... you don't need all the sensors to start your car, but you do need them to make it run correctly. what i told him were the sensors that he needed to start his car.. dumb fuck..

if you know so much, how come you didn't say anything, huh genius?
[post=541040]Quoted post[/post]​

I just did that damned swap. and I did say, and I quote:

"the only plug I had to change on my harness (b18a1 into 90 si) was the EACV.
Everything else hooked right up."

Dipshit.

And great job on the quick reply, pokey ass.

Back