B18b in 97eK CHARGING ISSUE!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18BeK9

Ok heres the story... ive just put a 95b18b manual in a 97 civic HB (automatic) Everything is done and the the car runs very great... the only thing is.. NO CHARGING AT ALL...!! my car is canadian so i had a 3 wire alt. I connected the black/yellow w/ balack/yellow, white/blue w/ white/blue, white/red w/ white/red and the white/green directly to pin A16 on the ecu. (I followed all the diargrams of ALLDATAONLINE.com... so in my mind the wiring is correct.) I also have a speedometer issue.. so I checked the fuse 15: its good.. i check also fuse 41 and 42 evrything is good ( I know the alt is good cause I took it from my old integra where i took my engine.. everything was working fine..) any idea??

ive read a lot of forums with ppl having the same kind of charging+ speedo. issue and every1 seems to have a short on the fuse 15...

other info that may be good to know: the battery light (or in dash charging issue lamp) is not light on.... and my speedo. was working on my 1st road test but the pointer was acting crazy... HELP PLZ I NEED MY CAR NOW ...

additional infos... I have 12v coming from the white/blue wire... 5v from the white/red and nothing from the 2 others.. I know that the white/green that goes to pin A16 (on ecu) is suposed to control the alt... so i checked what I have directly from the ecu... nothing then I duplicated the 5v from the white/red the send it trough the white/green to test if it would charge... nothing AT ALL!

Im now thinking of a bad ground somewhere maybe... but I have the 2 principal grounds brand new... (tranny and vavle cover) if so.. how may I check for missing or bad ground on the alt circuit...

finaly got the problem fixed. I think the black/yellow wire was cut somewhere. I passed a new wire directly from the alt to fuse 15. Its Working now ! hope this thread will help someone who has the same prob.

Bad wires are hard to find and others' experiences don't really help. Now if you wiring was wrong and you were given false info b soe other websiite.....that experience would definitely help others

Back