B18b In A 92-95 Civic Ex 2dr 5spd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok...im chilln out
i estimate a lot - next time i will do my best to completly ignore something that absolutely pisses me off
i had no idea some people take everything i say 100% seriously - its something i will have to except - at least yall read my opinions and u can think what u want of what i have to say. Prices vary drastically and i gave a very ruff estimate depending on where the engine was bought from. I am getting a 5th gen in August and put what I personally would do.

good luck to whatever u decide 2 do B)
peace

Originally posted by thepester@Mar 13 2003, 02:54 AM
Hey guys thanks for what youve done, but your not exactly helping. I already know how much everything cost's and what HP comes with it and all the statistics and crap. But is it better to buy the B18C1 with 180HP for 3200, and get the 35 or 28 extra HP that way, or get the B18B for 2200 and get the 35 or 28 HP someplace else. I guess the only thing that matters is the cost and weight right? Does it cost 1000 dollars for 28 HP? What does the B18C weigh? What does the B18B weigh? If it cost 1000 dollars to get the 28 HP from someplace other than the motor, what is that going to weigh? It makes sense that the lightest is going to be the fastest right? So whats better to do? Get the extra HP in the motor, or get the extra HP in bolt ons?

How do you get the most HP, for the cheapest, and the lightest... thats what I want to know.

What does 7 PSI mean? And is it a lot? And what do I need to beat those cars? Im not very engine smart, but I have common sense so please help me.

Please dont argue on this post either, I see 18 reply's and get excited, and half of them are BS.

I have 6000 to spend on making my car fast (92-95 Civic EX 2dr 5spd) whats the BEST way to do it? I thought you guys would know this, I can see what engines cost, and what HP comes with them, but what I dont know is what works and what doesn't. The HP pushes the car, the lighter the car parts I put in, the less HP I need right? So... WHATS THE BEST WAY?!?!?! I hope you understand what Im asking now.

Thanks a lot guys.

Dude we can only give you options,it's your choice what is best for you and what you have to spend.You can get a GSR and boost it or get a LS and boost it,either one is going to give all the cars,you list as having to be able to beat,a headache.Search around the forums,and you will find more answers than people can post in one thread.

yea, it shouldnt take much to beat the ones you listed. hell , a power wheels could probably take them. you must have some real clowns in your town if those are the hottest rides

Originally posted by thepester@Mar 12 2003, 08:54 PM
Hey guys thanks for what youve done, but your not exactly helping. I already know how much everything cost's and what HP comes with it and all the statistics and crap. But is it better to buy the B18C1 with 180HP for 3200, and get the 35 or 28 extra HP that way, or get the B18B for 2200 and get the 35 or 28 HP someplace else. I guess the only thing that matters is the cost and weight right? Does it cost 1000 dollars for 28 HP? What does the B18C weigh? What does the B18B weigh? If it cost 1000 dollars to get the 28 HP from someplace other than the motor, what is that going to weigh? It makes sense that the lightest is going to be the fastest right? So whats better to do? Get the extra HP in the motor, or get the extra HP in bolt ons?

How do you get the most HP, for the cheapest, and the lightest... thats what I want to know.

What does 7 PSI mean? And is it a lot? And what do I need to beat those cars? Im not very engine smart, but I have common sense so please help me.

Please dont argue on this post either, I see 18 reply's and get excited, and half of them are BS.

I have 6000 to spend on making my car fast (92-95 Civic EX 2dr 5spd) whats the BEST way to do it? I thought you guys would know this, I can see what engines cost, and what HP comes with them, but what I dont know is what works and what doesn't. The HP pushes the car, the lighter the car parts I put in, the less HP I need right? So... WHATS THE BEST WAY?!?!?! I hope you understand what Im asking now.

Thanks a lot guys.

:huh:

I'm sorry for wasting your time and mine I guess...Jesus dude I think that in this one thread we have given you at least 5 different options. Lets put it this way...think about it....The B18B1 and B18C1 came from an integra...they are literally within 30 pounds of each other (Don't quote me on that...). The only difference is VTEC. The B18B1 is Non-VTEC and an Awesome boost engine, while the B18C1 could also do boost but the tuning would have to be VERY good in order for it to work in unision with VTEC.

Here's the shorty so you don't get bored and complain when others try to help.

B18B1 = Master Turbo Engine

B18C1 = N/A Monster

Use the search button for details. Don't expect everyone to just drop their lives and type an explaination. FYI: I learned what I know about my B18B1 engine swap by sitting in the background of FOUR seperate honda tuning forums and asking SPECIFIC questions regarding the engine for atleast the last 3 months. If you ask a general question you get a general answer. IF you are so damn worried about beating those cars all it takes is a 55 shot of nitrous... I'm sorry to lose my cool but please don't say we aren't helping when we obviously care enough to post in your thread. Don't crap on us because we didn't answer your question, use the search button. Think of a furom thread as a map...you need to find out how to link them together to find your destination.

Sorry, I guess I sounded like a dick.
You guys helped a lot. What does N/A Mean?
I think I decided to go with a B18B and build up the motor, instead of supercharge it or boost it. I heard all motor kills boost. What do you guys think?
Anyone have a b18b built up?

sorry again guys, you really helped. Ill be a wallflower now.

Originally posted by thepester@Mar 13 2003, 04:15 AM
Sorry, I guess I sounded like a dick.
You guys helped a lot. What does N/A Mean?
I think I decided to go with a B18B and build up the motor, instead of supercharge it or boost it. I heard all motor kills boost. What do you guys think?
Anyone have a b18b built up?

sorry again guys, you really helped. Ill be a wallflower now.

N/A=natuurally aspirated,no turbo,supercharger,nitrous.

If your going to stay all motor,definitely don't go with a B18B.It will cost you more to make it as fast as a GSR or ITR,for the cost get a ITR for N/A.

All motor can be fast as hell,but it is going to cost you out the ass to beat any turbo set up.

Thank you for understanding bro. N/A just refers to all motor. That means the mods would be like Camshafts, intakes, port and polish, etc.

A boosted motor would kills a like All motor...Boost refers to the compression of exhaust gas via a supercharger or turbo. The compressed air will hold more oxygen and use more fuel therefor LOTS more power. It would be a great idea to have fun building up the engine but before you do consider this.

Do lots of research...Figure out your needs and from that make a plan. If you start tuning your engine without a plan you could be stuck buying parts that you don't need or that don't work together. Don't be a wallflower, actively participate and learn from "silly" questions. If you are a part of the community we would be able to help you more because we know your issues better. I'm glad that you are asking more specific questions. It is a lot easier and more effective. Just get the motor in the car first and then worry about everything else. You'll be suprised how any budget will get gobbled up.

Back