b18b (jdm) vacuum?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stoopidb18eg

Ok, car runs great but when I pound on it the cel comes on. The car wont run any different and soon as you turn it off and restart it the light will stay off even if you drive it 100 miles it wont come on unless you take it above 6k rpm. I haved noticed there are some vacuum lines missing and there is no charcoal canister. Could this be my problem? Is so can someone please post up a detailed diagram and tell me what all I need? Thanks for any help. Sorry I forgot to mention this is a jdm b18b in a 93 hatch

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

Ok I pulled the codes this morning. Im getting code 3 which is manifold absolute pressure, and code 7 which is tps. I get the 7 and then the 3. I believe its 2 seperate codes because 73 says misfire but I dont think thats it the car runs too smooth.

Last edited:
if it were 73, it would be seven long flashes, followed by three short flashes.

in the third pic, i see a spot for a vacuum line that has nothing on it. it looks like it could be for the TPS, but i cant really tell. if you post some more pics i might be able to give you some better advice. also, it appears that the sensor you are holding is a MAP sensor (possibly)

Purge solenoid and Map in the photos.

Looks like they ran the vacuum line direct to the map, bkoz of the different intake mani.

Some chipped ecu's are programmed to illuminate CEL at redline, but should turn off once throttle is released. I would try swappin out the TPS and see if the problem continues.

As far as your missing vacuum lines and canister, somebody was going for an engine comp. clean up and possible wire tuck. :confused:

Back