B18b1 Into A 92 Civic Hb Cx Questions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AcidicMind

I just recently bought a wrecked 96' Integra RS. All of the damage is body, and the engine only has 80,000 miles. I drive a 92' Civic HB CX. I am looking to swap my engine for the B18B1. I know the swap should be easy (I've spent a lot of time online getting info.). But I am still foggy on a few issues. Some sites say I need a mounting kit, some say it will just drop in on factory mounts. Should I buy a kit? Axles are my next concern. Will both front and back Integra axels swap onto my Civic? If so, will they line up right? Do I need anything more than to sawp them? Can I use the braking off the Integra if the axles swap? I plan to get a new suspension at the same time, should I get one for the Civic or Integra model, when they are going onto the Civic? Can I use the shft linkage off of my donar Integra or do I need to buy one? What about Integra thottle cable? What will it take to get power steering? Can I swap the steering coloum? What, if anything, can I get out of my Integra? Does the hydrolic clutch swap with the transmission? Any tips, hints, tricks, advice, instructions, concerns, and help would be greatly appreciated. Please post any help or comments. Or email me at AcidicMind@hotmail.com . Thank you for your help.

You can use the stock (Integra)
axles
shiftlinkage
mounts
throttle cable
buy suspension for your chassis (civic)
get a OBD I ECU,distributor and injectors or wire the connections from that one (teg) into your harness,and still get a 94-95 ECU.

No offense dude, but you obviously know absolutley nothing about Honda's or the performance like. Integra's don't have rear axles that I know of, due to the fact that they are front wheel drive. And the whole transmission is of a hydraulic type, not just the clutch, there is no such thing. Get your head out of your ass and go to school so you can at least sound like you know what you are talking about.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Apr 1 2003, 04:17 AM
Integra's don't have rear axles that I know of, due to the fact that they are front wheel drive.

I didn't even notice he mentioned rear axles hmmm...no not those,but didn't the 1st gen have rear beam axles in the rear like the 1st gen rex's?And it being FWD doesn't have anything to do with it anyway since,like I mentioned the 1 gen rex's had a solid rear beam and were FWD.

Just like to say thank you to: 92b16vx. As far as ryanwolfe911, you can suck my balls. No, I don't know everything, but I am slowly learning. Why do you think I asked the questions? At least I have the ambition to fix up my car, and not just throw some body kit on it with some stickers. And I will be doing the swap with a buddy of mine, who is a mechanic. Most of these questions were for his reference. If anybody has anything positive to add, please feel free. If not, don't bother. I do not have time to deal with the type of ignorance ryanwolfe911 so proudly displayed.

Originally posted by AcidicMind@Apr 1 2003, 06:53 PM
Just like to say thank you to: 92b16vx. As far as ryanwolfe911, you can suck my balls. No, I don't know everything, but I am slowly learning. Why do you think I asked the questions? At least I have the ambition to fix up my car, and not just throw some body kit on it with some stickers. And I will be doing the swap with a buddy of mine, who is a mechanic. Most of these questions were for his reference. If anybody has anything positive to add, please feel free. If not, don't bother. I do not have time to deal with the type of ignorance ryanwolfe911 so proudly displayed.

it would be best if you got a mount kit :ph34r:

Originally posted by allm0t0rsir@Apr 2 2003, 01:26 AM

it would be best if you got a mount kit :ph34r:

Why?to spend more money?Stock mounts work.

Originally posted by heterosapian@Apr 1 2003, 07:54 PM
Damn dog, thats alot of questions...

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/5gtech.html

so yes it will bolt right in, i dont understand why seeing how theyre two completely different blocks but they do. I thought youd be flooded with responces since this is the most popular swap out there (b series eg, not necessarily b18b1 eg). Good luck.

The kit is needed lucky for you the tranny of the b18 will work as well with out the need for a convertion kit check out hasport.com for the best kits around

Originally posted by dok@Apr 2 2003, 02:57 AM
The kit is needed...

No it isn't,the most he would need to do is swap out the drivers side bracket under the timing belt cover to the same gen B series as his car.

Back