b18c aka Type R won let me go over 3500 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thachboi

I bought the 1992 civic cx hatch with a b16a2 n now i just swaped it 3-4 days ago to a b18c aka Type R n it wont let me pass 3500 rpm anyone know Y

its not the ecu. i tryed a h22,gsr,p28,mugen it dont work it boggs lik crazy n wont let me pass 3500

Originally posted by Thachboi@Jan 11 2005, 09:24 PM
its not the ecu. i tryed a h22,gsr,p28,mugen it dont work it boggs lik crazy n wont let me pass 3500
[post=444249]Quoted post[/post]​

Check your distributor, cap, rotor, igniter, coil. I had the same problem and it turned out to be my cap and rotor. Also check your spark plugs and wires. Good luck.

do you have a check engine light? you need to give a tad bit more info about the symptoms.

my boy had the same problem with his b16 and i told him to change the dizzy because he had the wrong obd dizzy on that engine, he had an obd0 dizzy with an obd1 cvici and obd1 ecu! check the dizzy

and bosh plugs suck. throw those out before they do more harm than good.

NGK's rock!!! Got mine @ Pep Boys, cheaper there than Inlinefour here in So. Cal. Fuckers charge $60 bucks for a set of 4 NGK IX Iridiums!!! Pep boys sell em for $5-$6 each!! WAYYYY cheaper. :worthy:

Back